Osbourne 'struggled with burglar'

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Osbourne said he found the burglar when he got up in the night
Rock star Ozzy Osbourne has told of his struggle with a burglar who escaped with jewellery worth about £2m from his Buckinghamshire mansion.
Osbourne told the Sun newspaper he had the masked raider in a headlock as he tried to stop him.

The burglar broke free before jumping 30ft from a first floor window at the house in Chalfont St Peter.

Police said a "large amount" of jewellery was stolen in Monday's raid, in which two burglars were involved.

'Survival ring'

Osbourne said he encountered the burglar after he got out of bed to go to the lavatory in the early hours of the morning.

There is so much love in those things, they were bought out of love and these people have taken our love away as if it is worthless

Ozzy Osbourne

"He was a big, strong man - but at one point I thought I could kill him to stop him hurting Sharon [his wife].

"But then I just let him drop," he told the Sun.

"It was terrifying, I was looking to see if he had a knife.

"I can't get his staring eyes out of my mind."

Among the jewellery taken were two gold wedding rings and a 24-carat sapphire "survival ring", which Sharon Osbourne had bought for herself when she found out she had beaten cancer.

'Sounding great'

Thames Valley Police have described the intruder who was grabbed as well-built, about 5' 10" tall and said he was wearing a ski-mask, a light-coloured jacket and trainers.

They believe the intruder used a ladder to get into the first floor room, and may have injured himself when he jumped from the window.

There is no description of the man's accomplice.

Police believe the pair were driving a large vehicle, possibly a van, and are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen one leaving Chalfont St Peter at speed.

Earlier on Sunday night, the Osbournes had been out celebrating the birthday of singer Sir Elton John's boyfriend David Furnish.

The family's US spokesman said he had spoken to Sharon Osbourne on Monday night and that she was "sounding great".

"Ozzy and Sharon were in the house. They were woken up by the incident eventually," he said.

"My understanding is that the intruder was discovered in the dressing room, in Sharon's dressing room."

X Factor

The couple have spoken to their children, Jack and Kelly, who are both in the United States.

Former Black Sabbath star Osbourne, 55, has enjoyed renewed celebrity in Britain and the US because of the MTV reality show based around his family life in Los Angeles.

He had expressed fears he might not perform on stage again after he was badly injured in a quad bike accident on his Buckinghamshire estate in December 2003.

Wife Sharon is currently enjoying success as judge on the X-Factor talent show alongside Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell.

Back