orion tv, sound but no picture

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, i had a look at a friends tv today, they have a little girl who pushed the tv off the tv stand when it was turned off but now theres no picture, so i took the back off, theres no visible damage that i can see, but i decided to plug the xbox in and the sound still works, also when you first turn it on there is a quick flash on the screen then goes totally black again, i havent had much experience with tvs but had one like this not long back and it was the inverter that lights the back light up, i have said to him i think its that, so i took the inverter out for a closer look and some of the soldering is shocking i think, some parts are nice and shinny but others are very dull and some parts even have browny parts, how it looks when a soldering iron has been on the board for too long, so im wondering if when the tv dropped off the tv stand it may of broke a crappy solder joint or something, does it sound like the back light inverter to anybody else ? thanks

Re: orion tv, sound but noi picture

i have same problem on a Goodman tv.I changed the inverter panel but problem is still their.But i never had mine dropped or banged fault just appeared.so i need to look else where.But inverter panel is the first thing i would change.

Back