Opps Formula 1 on brink of collapse

I fail to see what basis Mosley intends to sue the teams for starting their own operation.
He sent a letter and made a public statement saying that if the teams did not like the new rules, they could go and start their own championship.

So if he as President of the FIA has told them to do it, how can he expect a court to support him?

@Hoppy

Without a doubt Mosley was knifed by Ecclestone and CVC. (thank goodness)
They could not see their income fall the floor. They had visions of a sub standard F1 with only 5 teams.
Prince Albert of Monaco had already said that whichever series had Ferrari would race in Monaco. (they have no contract with anyone)

The teams got everything they wanted and more besides

Personally I'm a bit disappointed that the breakaway isn't happening now.
EDIT: The new series would definitely have sewn up Silverstone

Last edited:
@Hoppy

Without a doubt Mosley was knifed by Ecclestone and CVC. (thank goodness)
They could not see their income fall the floor. They had visions of a sub standard F1 with only 5 teams.
Prince Albert of Monaco had already said that whichever series had Ferrari would race in Monaco. (they have no contract with anyone)

The teams got everything they wanted and more besides

Personally I'm a bit disappointed that the breakaway isn't happening now.

Well said and i agree that Ecclestone pushed him.
i'm glad to see the back of him but im glad its all sorted and look forward to a good season. (hopefully) lol.

Yep.
Do you think his retirement was planned as he said Jaffa?
Or do you think he was pushed?

Pushed m8....Flavio absolutely loathed him and I am almost sure he wouldn't have agreed to anything if Mossley was connected with it.

I have to say that I am not a Ferrari hater anymore, I like the way they are more open and Luca di Montezemolo really comes across good and seems a genuine fella.

Pushed m8....Flavio absolutely loathed him and I am almost sure he wouldn't have agreed to anything if Mossley was connected with it.

I have to say that I am not a Ferrari hater anymore, I like the way they are more open and Luca di Montezemolo really comes across good and seems a genuine fella.

I agree with you on Ferrari. Lead from the front.
FOTA will have much more say in future on any new rules. They are also after a bigger share of profits.
I hope they have more say in where the races are run, none of them like Barhrain, Turkey and the like. The passion and fans are mostly in Europe, so are the best tracks.( Canada and Brazil apart)
'pitpass.com' is the best place for news and info on motor racing. Do you go there?

I agree with you on Ferrari. Lead from the front.
FOTA will have much more say in future on any new rules. They are also after a bigger share of profits.
I hope they have more say in where the races are run, none of them like Barhrain, Turkey and the like. The passion and fans are mostly in Europe, so are the best tracks.( Canada and Brazil apart)
'pitpass.com' is the best place for news and info on motor racing. Do you go there?

Yeah pitpass is excellent and as for Canada......I have said before and I will say again...its one of the highlights of the season which will be sadly missed but I think they are in negotiations with the posion dwarf to bring it back.

Yeh Flav is not his no1 fan.
Luca is and always be a shrewd businessman and i agree he is a genuine guy.
I still can't bring myself to like Ferrari though.lol.

Back