Opinions/advice needed on DM800 issue

pootas

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right so bought a DM800 off BCT about 2 months ago. Initially worked fine apart from the HD channels issue. About 2 weeks later it developed a fault whereby no channels could be found, it simply would not tune into any satellite. I took it to a mates house where I know they feed is fine and same issue so I can rule out dodgy feed.

Informed BCT and they initially denied the problem, then admitted there was an issue and I needed an inline amp. Purchased inline amp but problem was still the same so sent box back to BCT at my expense for them to replace. After weeks of email between BCT and myself they eventually said their "techs" had looked at it and fixed issue.

I got it back this week and guess what...It still doesn't work with exactly the same issue. I reflashed it with Blackhole 0.12 but to no avail. Spoke to Linsa @ BCT who stated that their techs had found "a broken cable" and replaced it. Linsa said they tested it in China and it was fine...Now this is where I start to get pissed off. There are only 3 cables inside the box:

1. Cable to LCD on front plate
2. Sata Cable
3. Power to fan

Now none of these cables would an issue with the tuner. I explained this to BCT but basically there attitude is I need to send it back before they will refund/replace although they will pay postage.

Before I send it back is there ANYTHING ANYONE can think of trying? I just would rather try to fix it myself before having to send it off again for another number of weeks. Personally I'm thinking of going to my bank and claiming the money back as BCT have just been messing me about...

Any suggestions/ideas on how to fix this issue would be gratefully received (Or if anyone has a working DVB-S2 tuner they want to lend me so I can confirm this is the fault that would be even better ;)

Right so bought a DM800 off BCT about 2 months ago. Initially worked fine apart from the HD channels issue. About 2 weeks later it developed a fault whereby no channels could be found, it simply would not tune into any satellite. I took it to a mates house where I know they feed is fine and same issue so I can rule out dodgy feed.

Informed BCT and they initially denied the problem, then admitted there was an issue and I needed an inline amp. Purchased inline amp but problem was still the same so sent box back to BCT at my expense for them to replace. After weeks of email between BCT and myself they eventually said their "techs" had looked at it and fixed issue.

I got it back this week and guess what...It still doesn't work with exactly the same issue. I reflashed it with Blackhole 0.12 but to no avail. Spoke to Linsa @ BCT who stated that their techs had found "a broken cable" and replaced it. Linsa said they tested it in China and it was fine...Now this is where I start to get pissed off. There are only 3 cables inside the box:

1. Cable to LCD on front plate
2. Sata Cable
3. Power to fan

Now none of these cables would an issue with the tuner. I explained this to BCT but basically there attitude is I need to send it back before they will refund/replace although they will pay postage.

Before I send it back is there ANYTHING ANYONE can think of trying? I just would rather try to fix it myself before having to send it off again for another number of weeks. Personally I'm thinking of going to my bank and claiming the money back as BCT have just been messing me about...

Any suggestions/ideas on how to fix this issue would be gratefully received (Or if anyone has a working DVB-S2 tuner they want to lend me so I can confirm this is the fault that would be even better ;)

I have being helping a guy on another forum with the same problems, 800HD was working fine then no channels what so ever, we tried lots of things over a week or more but finally I asked him to open the box & remove the tuner & re-fit, this seems to have sorted his problem.

Yeh I've done this but didn't seem to make any difference unfortunately.... :(

Any chance you could try another tuner from a mates box ? It does sound like a tuner problem.

If not, how much are they to buy ?

Any chance you could try another tuner from a mates box ? It does sound like a tuner problem.

If not, how much are they to buy ?

Or if anyone has a working DVB-S2 tuner they want to lend me so I can confirm this is the fault that would be even better

My mates havent got one...

Does your box see the tuner at all in the config menu?
Mine was the same - lost all channels and tuner didn't show in the menu so I bought a new tuner, still didn't see the new tuner and so sent the box back to China.
They said they would repair but sent me a new box. The new box seems more stable and the noisy fan appears to have thermal control and switches off on standby.

Tuner is shown in setup menu although it see's no sats/channels...

What pisses me off is that I have already sent it back once at my expense and they didn't fix it and give some bullsh*t excuse like a broken cable...

Also they said if I continue to moan about the faults and post on forums then they will warn all Chinese sellers not to sell to me...Oh no what a shame!!!

It's going back via DHL in morning and if they dont completely replace the box then I'll claim it back on Visa....

Back