Open Atv 5.3

pluto322

Inactive User
Reaction score
Have just installed Open Atv 5.3 image to Zgemma Star H2 (from the open.tv site, redirected from zgemma site).

Everything Ok except for CCcam.cfg file. Can't find it either in var/keys; user/keys or etc.

Downloaded softcam feed mispel 1.0_all.ipk and used DCC to ftp to tmp folder and then used software manager to install. Re-started machine and looked for file but no trace.

Must have gone wrong somewhere ... any ideas please?

You will need to add the cccam.cfg file yourself with your line details within it.

If you have this on a previous image then flash back to it and back it up to USB/HDD or pc/laptop first.

If you plan on using cable side of things then most servers will not allow cccam, you would need to use mgcamd/newcamd or oscam.

Something slightly amiss with this latest version 5.3 installed on a friends receiver this evening as i have done plenty of times and never failed yet, installed the Softcam feed as normal set everything up and when i went to start and activate the cam it would not start for love nor money.

tried Python starter and init.d starter nothing just said cam 1 not active, did a complete reflash to version 5.1 did exactly the same steps and the cam activated first time.

Personally stay well clear until more bugs are ironed out

There is no facility to install softcams from this 5.3 version.

Last edited:
There is an issue with mgcamd/newcamd with openatv 5.3

I'm using open atv 5.3
Installed enigma2-plugin-softcams-cccam-2.3.0_2.3.0-r1_mipsel.ipk
softcam feed didn't install added file manually, working ok here.

Will these work on an Xtrend ET8000 too please?

Back