Onedrive account frozen

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys- I had 1tb account on one drive...today when adding files I get the message see pic..its changed to 5gb ...I had a 1tb account given to me by a member on this forum.cany remember who it was?
Wjy has my account been frozen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210117-013309_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210117-013309_OneDrive.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 16
I'm sure it was paid for as I was using it for over a year...used about 160gb of 1tb??
I've found the member I got it from.. I've messaged him to see if he knows anything..

no reply from member , probably not been on DW...anyway i was wondering will my account be deleted ?as i have lots of pics n vids that i have uploaded to keep safe..i thought one drive was for life...now i need to downlaod all the stuff and put on a hard drive or something... :rolleyes:

no reply from member , probably not been on DW...anyway i was wondering will my account be deleted ?as i have lots of pics n vids that i have uploaded to keep safe..i thought one drive was for life...now i need to downlaod all the stuff and put on a hard drive or something... :rolleyes:

I believe the data is held for 30 days and then automatically deleted unless you reactive a subscription. Office 365 is 79.99 a year or 7.99 a month.
joining for a month would give you cover to transfer the files as 30 days deletion period starts from the date of the end of subscription.

Taken from Microsoft forum

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-181550_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210124-181550_Samsung Internet.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 7
This says deleted after 30 days, data is held in deleted and can be restored by Microsoft if valid subscription in 93 days.

to make this slightly harder to be sure, the account is shared so will Johnny Bravo show as an active user?

i have office but out of shares otherwise I could have helped out.

Attachments

• D016F314-C67C-47C2-A6E3-69A20CD957EC.jpeg
    D016F314-C67C-47C2-A6E3-69A20CD957EC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Think ill buy a ssd portable drive and download my one drive stuff to thst...

If you have a spare HDD, just buy a caddy.
Cheaper than buying new ssd.

look on gumtree for a 2 tb sky box for storage drive
i have picked up a few for a £10

@johnny bravo Don't just download to the one though mate. Make sure you put it on at least two at the minimum cos if that drive goes tits up then you'll have lost it all.

Back