One doing the rounds

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
This is the second letter I've had but I know someone who actually gets phonecalls too, the number can be recalled from 1471 but when redialled it isn't recognised. I know of a few people getting these letters.

I got another type of letter from Media age yesterday telling me that I've won a car and I got a text message this morning telling me I've won £800 and I had to ring a 09 number from a landline.

Must be the 40 rabbit's feet I keep in my pocket or my 4 leafed clover plantation.

I get these letters all the time m8, funnily enough they always turn up the same day as the ones addressed to the previous owner of my house!!

They go staight in the bin!!

not had one of those for a few years but I know madbomber got one two weeks ago

i had them letters about a month ago you get the first one then the second one comes along in a few days time i just ignore them but i do like to read them just to see how clever or stupid they are then i get 2 more the week after one first then the second must cost someone quite a bit to keep sending them out but i guess they only need a few to fall for it to get there money back

The fact they have been going so long shows just how many people fall for it. Just a shame I bet it's a lot of old folk get caught out. To**ers.

Yeah, I hate the thought of the more senior letter recipients being conned as many of them will not have been exposed to this kind of scam (NB. A lot of seniors have mobiles now too - I fear that many of those types of cash harvesting techniques may have been employed and have worked to an extent unfortunatley :().

I think a while ago many of these scams were known as "boiler room" scams as many originated in boiler rooms in Amsterdam.

44 Baker St. is an impressive address but I bet that the company in the above letter does not reside there. These companies have obviousley outlayed finance for printing and franking for the envelopes. Depending on the size of their mailshot if they get a 1% return it could be good for them :(.

If I recieve a pre-paid envelope to send my "Non-binding direct debit" form back in...

It will be sent back containing a blank form and previous letters with my name and addy and letter number removed... Fun at their PO box.

I was thinking of posting plates of steel etc. but that's not fair on the postie and the letters will get pulled anyway.

I doubt if they will release forms with franked envelopes but if they do I hope everyone will send them back blank after removing their details (Like I did with the piccy at the top :)).

Back