One card, in and around my home!

ruddyrum

Inactive User
Reaction score
Wasn't to sure if this should get posted here or in the UK section, but i think it is well placed here...

Ok, so i have a UK digital receiver a subscription and a dreambox.

how would one go about sharing the card around the household to another digital receiver?

If you use a phoenix reader how will anyone be able to watch the UK channels on the UK dedicated reciever box?

Ultimately i want to have my subscription running simultaneously in the living room, whilst using the dreambox in my bedroom!

Is this possible, or do you require 2 dreamboxes to do this?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
you need 2 (or more) linux boxes connected to a router to do this m8, the dedicated UK box is useless ;)

Last edited:
damn... what a shame.

If i have 2, would that eliminate the need for a phoenix reader? Will the card just get shared through one of the common interface slots?

yes m8, one reciever will have the card and the other reciever will then talk through your network to the card to clear the channels

ill slightly edit the title etc as its a bit of a dodgey subject, but fine if worded properly ;)

Cool, thanks for all the info!

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for all the info!

Final question, as i am on a cardshring server my card will also be shared. Is there any way that it will get deactivated if it is used to much by other people? I know it makes me seem paranoid, but sky have lots of things in place to try and stop people from viewing it for free.

Also is there a good thread with info with regards to sharing etc? I am interested in knowing what the differences in "levels" are as i am thinking of strating my own CS server

I think you should tred more carefully in what you tell people most of us just mess with boxes for fun and knowledge once we learn to to a box we dont actually use it we learn sommick else but actually hacking are sharing cards etc is 6 month in the nick its just the challenge we enjoy once we learn sommick we do sommick else catch me drift m8 :banana: dont be so blunt

also theres no harm in pm asking for help

Back