February 25: National Day in Kuwait (1950)
- 1570 - Pope Pius V (pictured) issued the papal bull Regnans in Excelsisexcommunicate Queen Elizabeth I and her followers in the Church of England. to
- 1836 - Samuel Colt received a patent for a "revolving gun", later known as a revolver.
- 1921 - The Soviet Red Army occupied the Democratic Republic of Georgia, annexing it into a new Soviet Socialist Republic.
- 1951 - The first Pan American Games opened in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 1986 - EDSA Revolution: Corazon Aquino was inaugurated as PresidentPhilippines, as Ferdinand Marcos fled the nation after 20 years of rule. of the
- 1981: Prince Charles and Lady Di to marry
The Prince of Wales and the Lady Diana Spencer end months of speculation by announcing they are to wed this summer.
- 1999: Lawrence report blasts 'racist' police
London's police force is "institutionally racist" says a report on the murder of black teenager Stephen Lawrence.
- 1950: Labour wins slim majority
Clement Attlee returns as prime minister of Britain but with a single-figure majority.
- 1968: South Vietnamese recapture Hue
The South Vietnamese celebrate the recapture of the country's third city, Hue, after a battle lasting three weeks.
- 1955: Britain's big freeze
Deep snow and freezing temperatures continue to cause havoc across much of Britain.