Old Navigo

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got this old Navigo with a Windows CE Build v5.00 which is running tomtom 7.910 with Western Europe Maps v815.2024.

All works well apart from when it has to re calculate a route, seems a bit slow but guess this is down to the processor.

What is the best navigation software to use on this Navigo

It's personal preference mate. Back-up yer SD card & try any that take yer fancy.
I can't really offer any suggestions, Tom Tom's always got me where I wanted to go on my Navigo.
HH.

It's personal preference mate. Back-up yer SD card & try any that take yer fancy.
I can't really offer any suggestions, Tom Tom's always got me where I wanted to go on my Navigo.
HH.

Can I run a later version of tomtom 7.910 on this old device?

Advice I read elsewhere said much better to use iGo or Primo rather than update TT on a Navigo but didn't specifically say TT could or couldn't be updated, sorry.
HH.
(I've still got 7.910 on mine too)

Got this old Navigo with a Windows CE Build v5.00 which is running tomtom 7.910 with Western Europe Maps v815.2024.

All works well apart from when it has to re calculate a route, seems a bit slow but guess this is down to the processor.

What is the best navigation software to use on this Navigo

My navigo recalcultes immediately using TT western europe, maybe there's a glitch in your software...

I also have IGO8 and mio maps on my SD card...but I prefer using TT western europe even though it takes an age to pull in sats when its first turned on and can lose them on occassions..

anyone know where I can get hold of the latest poi's as Ive not updated it in a couple of years?

I use Igo Primo and find it much better than tomtom. There's no need to patch or crack anything when you install new maps or update the program, you just put it on the SD card and thats it. Also Igo and Igo Primo can use ether tele-atlas maps or navteq maps, so is always uptodate. The latest maps for Europe are q1 2011. It has all the same features as TT, POI's, speed cams, street names spoken, and had 3d buildings in quite a few places.

You can get the latest versions of IGO 8.4 or Primo 1.2 from mobilepassion or from the newsgroups.

Back