old clone update flash v4 - solo 2

wingede

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have an old clone which was from L&W on aliexpress, not entirely sure if it is a lonrisun or not. On the mainboard it has an X sticker on it. I've been using an openvix clone safe image since day 1 and been very happy.

I'm wanting to try some of the newer images and see that I need to do a flash/firmware update to v4. I've tried using the two versions of update_tools provided on the vu-hd site to perform this but no luck at all. When the box boots (with update_tools running) nothing happens and continues the boot process leaving the update_tools window running with a flashing cursor. The box boots normally.

I have tried the following,
1. Tried two different usb to serial devices which I verified are working connecting to a cisco switch, configured as COM1
2. Tried Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and Windows XP (running the tools as administrator)
3. Using the supplied cable and a genuine null modem cable (just to see)
4. Verified com port settings as posted in other threads here
5 3 different computers/laptops - 1 with physical serial port

I am wondering if it is possible that the clone I have (being quite old) is not compatible with this flash/firmware update process?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

I posted a reply in the other thread re this, have a look and see if it makes sense.

Back