OH NO The 3 Misiing PINS !!!!

Just cut chip and can see pins o.k. .....The kynar wire i have looks huge when i place it on them though, looks like they will definately short. I have tested with a meter though and they are fine. Will connect up too chip now and see what happens. If working will hot glue into place i think.
What do you think guys.
DSCF0216.jpg

DSCF0218.jpg

I know i have left the ends very long though.lol

O.k. just connected other wies up, now to tst before i hot glue...
DSCF0219.jpg

You must of used a lot of wet/dry. The legs on mine are set in cente of chip, i do not think i could reach them via that method. Thought you would have to use a dremel or something.
Post us a pic mate.
yehh i see there what ya have done , & i know there in the center (Depth wise )but i didnt go in that way bud i sanded the face where there removed from , i dont have any pickys but next one i do i show ya ,, i sanded in the gap with a tiny folded fine grade paper tbh it didnt take long b4 i could see the glint of metal !!! thats all i needed ,,, then i cleaned & fluxed the face & tinned my wire hence the fold L shape so i could get it in there ... its hard to explain but i i will try show ya asap ...

Last edited:
try this

I have found this on the net for missing legs I think have a look, think it's better than grinding! just a thought.

I have found this on the net for missing legs I think have a look, think it's better than grinding! just a thought.
This is just a pic of someone soldering direct to the legs, a technique used after pads have been burned off.

ye you would still have to grind the chip and bridge the missing legs.
the second on i did i soldered directly to the chip and used the glue gun to hold the wires in place. it was a bit easier than trying to bridge the legs in my opinion, theres just a bit more chance of damaging the chip doing it this way if a wire pulled on it.

the D2B with missing pins is in general circulation, i'v seen lots in london this week.

as for the D2C, it's been found in ireland so it's getting close.

do u know anyone offering a service to mod these wii's my soldering isnt up to this skill lvl

do u know anyone offering a service to mod these wii's my soldering isnt up to this skill lvl

if your gonna ask stuff like that then it may be an idea to say where you are. :)

Back