Official original image Ver. 4.8

bassethound

Inactive User
Reaction score
Official original image Ver. 4.8

Ver 4.8 Release note

Duo/Solo

1. Fix 4:3 video mode problem.

2. Turn off FAN at stadnby mode when there is no channel recording.(Duo only)

3. Fix udev problem.

4. Change mbox-dvb-modules.bb to download driver from vuplus server.
( ** All build trees are being moved to vuplus git server **)

5. Move kernel-module dependency to mbox-dvb-modules.bb from initscripts-mbox_1.0.bb

6. Clean up udev-static-devices

7. Internal test routine is added to e2

8. Fix framerate information(Jun/03/2010 Driver only)

Solo

1. Change kernel configuration

2. Add ver 4.7 features

Official site

Vu+ Portal : The Official Web Site of Vu+

Last edited:
I see the Official UK Distributor of the VU+ Box, Al**t, has the latest Version as 4.6 from 29th April. That is sad, but well done bassethound.

Great news that they sorted the 4:3 issue. Good support from vu+. If they've added vtuner support (add 4.7 features?) to the solo that makes the relatively high price a bit more palatable now.

i just tried this image and can confirm that it does what it claims to do...

but,

with these new drivers when on standby, fan switches off, and after about 20 mins i touched the top case surface with my hand and it was more than warm, i could say it was hot..

question is, is this a wise thing to do? apparently even on standby this box generates heat which if left for long time without fan it might damage the board/components ?

ps: i did use dreamboxes on the past, 7020 and 800 with fan and without fan in the same place where i keep this box, with nothing blocking the box airways.

the only difference between these and my vu+ is that on standby they did not generate any burning heat.

any feedback from u guys ?

Back