Offering there own special box

quick_silver

Member ++
Reaction score
My neighbour just got nt* installed today, 10 min later i got a nock my the door from the engineer yeah shit myself cus my idiot brother had opened the door anyways the engineer offered him a special box :) . He said no and shut the door the question is was the worker trying to make a bit of extra on his pay cheque or are CC trying a new approach fishing to see who takes the bate.

I know 3 people who have had installs in the last few weeks and everyone of them has been offered a dodgy box on the side - so i think the engineers are just trying to supplement their income!!!

It cant be a ploy by the cc's - getting their engineers to offer a box- which you would then buy - then come round and catch you using it ? - i think they would get done for entrapment!!! lol

When my brother inlaw had his digibox installed at the beginning of the year the engineer kept on dropping hints about dodgy boxes. I just acted stupid till the end of the job where he just came out with, his words "so mate do you want a box that gives you all the channels", "all the channels" I innocently replied, "yep, I can do you one for £130", I declined and just said thanks but my sister inlaw works for the police and she'd go spare, they left rather hurriedly.

a mate had his picked up yesterday, I asked him to have a chat with the guy to see if he could just leave the box, the engineer told him that they now get charged 150 quid per box they fail to pick up, all boxes have to be signed in and out and that a unit has been set up in london to investigate the engineers as too many boxes have gone walkies.

they are all at it mate some try to sell u done ones some virgin even the accssories,most of items come from these guys

Back