O2

tiesto2

Inactive User
Reaction score
why o why does o2 insist on wanting a written letter so you can cancel your mobile fone contract especially when they tell you august is the last month of your contract but ill have to pay septembers now while they wait on my letter aaaargh drives me nuts.

All mobile phone providers request this. Anyone could phone up and cancel your contract but only you know the account number and any personal details, i.e. password, mothers maiden name, etc.

they could verify this information over the phone, they seem happy enough to accept your identity in this way when you want to pay them over the phone

I had the same issue with vodafone, but.. T-mobile have moved with the times and allow you to disconnect over the phone. It does seem crazy in this day and age to want a written letter.. but then again as you pointed out its just a ploy to get extra money from you.
I took great pleasure in writing the letter to voda, last year i took out a special deal, £9.99 a month (£8 discount) as it was very rearly used. 2months into the contract they wrote to us telling use the price has gone up to 19.99 a month, me thinking i was protected under the new contract thought it was fine, but when bill arrived it was for 19.99, they said "check the small print on the contract", this states they can give you 28days notice for price changes contract or no contract. I wrote on the disconnection letter check my small print "up yours wan***S".
I had that number for 15years on basically the same contract, i will NEVER touch vodafone again.

I cancelled my O2 contract by using some online facility (think it was just a "contact us" form-type thing) so seems strange that they won't let you over the phone!

It was a year ago mind.

Back