O2 Xda Orbit

pmoore31

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is the O2 Xda Orbit is compat with tomtom 6??? Anyone know please?

edit:- found out it does:)

Last edited:
Yes. works fine.
I've got Tomtom 6, Route66, and poiwarner installed. All work fine.

A must have for the Orbit is xcpuscalar (it is spelt right). Machine works a lot better and there is no difference in battery consumption if you set the auto frequency up properly.

Last edited:
Yes. works fine.
I've got Tomtom 6, Route66, and poiwarner installed. All work fine.

A must have for the Orbit is xcpusalar (it is spelt right). Machine works a lot better and there is no difference in battery consumption if you set the auto frequency up properly.

thanks m8. should have the phone by the weekend. Did you have to buy the software??

Well. S'pose the bandwidth that downloaded it was paid for yes.
TT6.2 Is working fine.

Got mine a few weeks ago. It didn't come with any Sat Nav software but tried TT5 & TT6 both worked fine.

Only thing it TT6 has to have the full postcode ZIP folder installed on the phone memory which has left it a bit low.

Other than that, It's great!: multi :

my toomtom 6 wont pickup voices on the mem card which is annoying too, i haev to have em on the phone, so i just keep 1 on it.

my toomtom 6 wont pickup voices on the mem card which is annoying too, i haev to have em on the phone, so i just keep 1 on it.

mine picks voices up fine, just stick em in a folder called voices

i have xda orbit and tomtom6.01 with the new maps and all celeb voices and postcode all on memory card and works spot on

is it true though there is an update on windows mobile if so does anyone know where to get it either free or even pay for upgrade
as i have been told the update will even speak out your emails and text messages etc
any help on this matter much appreciated

What to do if voices dont work on Orbit

Goto settings
Connections
Bluetooth Connections
Click on FTP
Untick Bluetooth Explorer
Click okay and job done.

You may need to re-install voices but normally just works okay.

Hi Guys I managed to install tomtom 6 on my Xda Orbit but I cant connect to GPS, i have tried few settigs but not sure what I should have it set to. Can someone please help. As you know the orbit has the gps build in. so I am no using any external; device

you need to set tomtom on other bluetooth adapter and then com5 worked fine but u do need to be outdoors to pick up the signals

Been playing about with mine and it works fine.

Try this: -

Start, Settings, System, GPS...
Mine is set to: -
Programs: COM4 Hardware: (None) 4800 Access: "Tick" Manage GPS

Then in TT6, goto GPS settings and select GPS type
"Other NMEA GPS"
4800 Baud
COM4:

You have to wait a few seconds. It should change from "No GPS" to "Waiting for GPS signal".

Darren.

Back