o2 router

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Long story short my son is on o2 home broadband and the modem/router keeps losing connection. Can he purchase a different router and use that instead and if so which one?

Hi guys

Long story short my son is on o2 home broadband and the modem/router keeps losing connection. Can he purchase a different router and use that instead and if so which one?

Yes you can use your own router. Take a look at O2 Help for suggestions and with help setting up new routers.

O2 (and various other broadband providers) can't support every router that is out there. They do not mind what router you use but their tech support only extends to fixing problems with their routers.

Hope this helps.

Mark,

I can recommend a router i currently use on o2, it’s a Netgear DG834n which has the Broadcom chip which works well with the o2 network(dslam.) You should be able to pick one up quite cheap on fleabay.

You can also put a custom firmware on it which i will send to you if needed, working nicely on my set up, if you have a old cable router knocking about you could use that instead, you just set the o2 router/modem as a modem only.

Cheers..

You can use another router m8, I'm on o2 and just changed router to a Belkin one. As Fyobl says, check "o2 help" for settings.

cheers for replys guys. I'll have a read of that help page

Back