Nzbsrus.com Closing

phawk754

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
below info has been copied from Nzbsrus.com Closing : usenet

A Sad Day For All

I am sad to announce that Nzbsrus.com will be closing forever.

3 days ago we were visited by F.A.C.T and served a cease and desist notice.

We were given 2 choices both of which left the site being closed but to varying degrees.

1.) Shutdown the site and avoid any legal actions.

2.) Keep the site running and face legal actions. Against the owners and staff.

In the past when F.A.C.T notices were given to us they only specifically named the owner of the site, this time it included several staff members. After consutling with our lawyers we felt that it was time to close the site to avoid any legal action.

It was a hard decision to make but the intrusion & impact further legal action would have on the owners family's & those staff that have only ever been voluntary would not be fair.

Over the last 12 years nzbsrus has grown to become a community, we would like to thank all the users who helped keep this site running over the years. We would also like to thank all the staff who have helped over the years.

We will be sending out refunds to the users who have recently paid. Please check your bitcoin wallets for this in a few days.

We will be keeping our IRC channel running, you can stop by and talk to the staff of the site if you have any questions or comments. You can use a IRC client like MIRC to connect to irc.zag.gs channel #nzbsrus

Here is the FACT notice that was delivered to us. http://s24.postimg.org/dwiiyhelx/fact1.png

Shame I have always liked nzbsrus. They did seen to have a lot of downtime though. I only have a couple of places left now.

It is basically sending the scene back underground, there will always be a way of getting copies of the films but I fear it will just push things back into the hands of the more criminal element who will then be setting up the huge "copying factories" and street corner sales of dvds of an unknown quality with the funds raised probably being used to set up cannabis factories in houses next door to innocent people.

Well, I had a few months left on my subscription but as mentioned the sites reliability has been poor as of late.

This is going to be a problem for any indexing site when it gets too popular. There are a couple of very good sites which are still free for manual look up/limited downloads or pay for API access as well.

Alternative is get together with some friends and setup your own server.

Edit: Having read the comments on reddit, some interesting information. The owner tried to sell the site a few weeks ago and there is some comments from one of admins on there as well.

Last edited:
I really liked the way nzbsrus was set up and now i dont have a good indexing site :(
Can someone point me in the direction of another decent one please.
Thanks Ian.

Have you now noticed the change in tact, previously it was RIAA, MPIAA etc and DMCA takedown requests, they are now involving other organizations in trying to target "indexers"

I still struggle to see a viable argument for prosecuting a company or individual for indexing data that is already there though as it isn't their data.

Have you now noticed the change in tact, previously it was RIAA, MPIAA etc and DMCA takedown requests, they are now involving other organizations in trying to target "indexers"

I still struggle to see a viable argument for prosecuting a company or individual for indexing data that is already there though as it isn't their data.

Their argument is that facilitates the downloading of copyrighted material. But basically its bully boy tactics. Nobody really wants to take them on, newzbin and nzbmatrix tried and both failed. If I got a notice, I probably wouldn't bother fighting them.

BTW, they have also started issuing takedown notices to google.

Back