Ntl upgrade

oxkiller

Member ++
Reaction score
I have just recieved this email from NTL and i am wondering if it would be ok to upgrade??

Would 3GB a month be enough?? or is it just a way to make me upgrade to a more expensive package when i realise i need more???

I dont know anything about GB's can anyone dish out a bit of advice??? cheers---also a friend told me if i accepted the new package i would not be able to return to my existing deal--is that true??

ayway here's the email---waddya reckon??? :confused:

I'm delighted to tell you that we're increasing the speed of your ntl
Broadband service from 300K to 1Mb. That's over three times the speed
for the same monthly price! This is part of our ongoing commitment to
provide the best choice & value Broadband service in the UK.

You don't have to do anything - we'll automatically upgrade your
service by the end of October. Your monthly bill will be changed to
show 1Mb, at the same monthly price of GBP17.99, by the end of
December.

To enable us to offer this super-fast service for the same price, we
will be introducing a usage allowance of 3GB per month. This is more
than enough for the vast majority of our customers - for example, you
can still surf the Internet up to 12 hours a day and send 600 emails
per week.

m8 it depends what you use the internet for.

Do you use it regularly? do you do a lot of downloaded? do you use VPN or ftp etc etc? Let us know what you need the internet for and then we can let you know how much would be ideal.

F****** Cheek!!

Hi there

This post has made me mad!!!

Get back onto the phone to them and tell them that a 1MB connection is currently priced at £9.99 and there's Noooooooooooo way your going to pay £17.99 anymore, tell them that you will consider changing your provider to a cheaper one, or otherwise disconnect your existing contract and sign up as a new customer.

Regarding the GB, it depends on what you use the net for, if you download movies/games/music etc that's quite a far amount to download each month.

If on the otherhand you just surf and look at emails etc, it has no effect on you really.

I hate seeing people getting ripped off so speak to NTL, here's a link for you to check out:

http://www.home.ntl.com/icat/home?source=googlebroadband&wg=83

chrome

yeah I'm with NTL and I'm only paying £9.99 a month for the first Year.
3GB a month is enough for me but it depends what ur downloading.

As for the service, well I'm getting a better download speed than my mate who is with BT.
down point : Never ring them unless cos there customer service skills are pants.

Cheeky barstewards!! :Angryfire i'll have to see to that!

i dont download much from the internet ,but my kids gonna get a ipod soon so i guess she'll be downloading a stack of music,i do ar#e about taking pictures from the net also i use it a lot for doing my own pictures,anyone give me any idea how much say downloading a track would take or summat like that so it could give me an idea as to wether the new 3gb per month would suit me----cheers

by the way ..thanks for the info on the price

@oxkiller i doubt your daughter will download that much, dont know what capacity her ipod is but 3g is a lot of mp3.
photo stuff is not to bad as most are compressed.

pm sent

ps what chrome307 said is correct, i phoned last week said 2 guys at work only paying 9.99 why am i paying 17.99 guy on phone huffed and huffed for 10 seconds then said ok 9.99 for 12 months :)
i had to wait 10 mins to speak to them but worth it

Just read this from NTL--

You have absolutely no need to worry - should you ever reach your
usage allowance we'll let you know and you will be given a number of
options including changing to a different service with a higher usage
allowance or choosing to use the service for the remainder of the
month at a lower speed.

Lower speed??? how low do they mean? anyone know??

i think what that refers to b4 the last uprade it was for example

300k = £17.99 upgrade to 1m
700k = £22.99 upgrade to 2m
1.5m =£29.99 upgrade to 3m

what they said was u could upgrade for the same price to new speed but there would be a cap, i cant remember what it was, but the gist was if u had upgraded to the 2m line from 700k and were paying £22.99 if they thought u were taking the **** with down loads u could coughup more dough or for the rest of the month u could go back to 700k with no cap.

Back