Not looking good for sven ....again !

theseeker

Inactive User
Reaction score
Taken from bbc website

Sven-Goran Eriksson has been told he will be sacked as Manchester City manager at the end of the season, BBC Sport understands.

City owner Thaksin Shinawatra told Eriksson he was "not the right man for the job" at a meeting on Sunday, a source close to the manager said.

Eriksson informed the players at training on Monday that he would be dismissed, provoking an angry response.

The Swede, who has two years left on his contract, says he will not resign.

Thought he was doing alright personnally , but these new owners seem to want instant success !

full story here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7370698.stm

thats the problem with new investors how can you want instant success.... its near impossible especially without serious funding even then its not guaranted.......

I thought sven was doing ok as well....just goes to show

2005-2006 season 15th
2006-2007 season 14th

Present league position 9th and playing attractive football.

WTF do these owners expect!

Mate of mine big city fan said he had a three year plan and was on track, but doesn't look like he will be given the time like others say these new owners want instant gratification and aren't prepared to wait pity as i thought city were doing ok and playing some good football at times.
But still think they will get tonked on Sunday lol.

What a joke. Man City looked a good side for most of the season, they had an indifferent period in the middle and didnt play well but regardless they maintained a good position and played well.

Sven has kept them up the table and it will take time for him to make an impact. Look at Bolton they werent happy with their position and decided messing about with who was in charge would help instead they are now facing a relegation battle. Again like Fulham also.

Clubs have to realise it takes time and unless obscene amounts of money is spent, success cannot be had over a single season.

Ferguson is evidence of this, it took Sir Alex years to win his first trophy but once he had his management style in play and had the team playing the way he wanted they became the most dominant team of the 90's and even now are still the most successful team of recent times in way of the league at least.

I'm not saying Sven will achieve this, but surely if players react angrily to news such as this, the manager must be doing something right

I've been a Man U fan since the day I was born and I can't understand the way these owners think! The guy comes in and in his 1st year gets more points than they have had in 15 years in the league....... their reaction... get rid!!

They seem to want someone to come in and win the Premiership and a couple of cups in the 1st year... it just doesnt happen. Steady improvement is the way forward as Man U have proved.

Lets hope the guy comes to his senses and changes his mind.... I wont hold my breath though

Woody

I am a Man Utd fan and i think Sven should stay..

he is at a decent place for his 1st year.. he did the double over us and his team is playing decent football..

what are the owners doing?

Everyone seems to be under the notion money can buy success. Chelseas sudden improvements via huge financial injection by a well know Russian are a rarity. Even money cannot sometimes buy success.

Sven should stay especially after a very successful first season. Clubs and players need consistency owners just cant see past their pride unfortunately. Good luck as think Man City may win a cup or two but are a million miles from getting anywhere near winning the league if that is what the owner wants.

Back