Northerner terrifies Londoners by saying "Hello"

Whenever I've been London with a few of us the looks we get when we start talking on the tube is funny

It's a bit different here in the Midlands. If you pass someone in the street and say the usual "morning" (or whatever), people over the age of about 40 return the greeting. The younger generation tend to look surprised or positively frightened.

I was driving through London in the 1970s with a few friends going to Wembley, not for football but to see an Elton John concert there and I stopped to ask a couple of girls for directions they looked really shocked and waked away as fast as they could without saying a word :oops:

I was driving through London in the 1970s with a few friends going to Wembley, not for football but to see an Elton John concert there and I stopped to ask a couple of girls for directions they looked really shocked and waked away as fast as they could without saying a word :oops:
Did you tell em you were off to see Elton John 🤣

Didn't get chance as soon as I opened my mouth they took off as they could tell I wasn't a local and as I said it was in the 1970s when London still had a lot of people who were actually English and had English as their first language :rolleyes:

Back