Nominees for Ballon D'Or

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are this years nominees for the award. I know the award is more political than anything but always interested to see who takes it.

World Player of the Year nominees: Xabi Alonso (Spain), Daniel Alves (Brazil), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Cesc Fábregas (Spain), Diego Forlán (Uruguay), Asamoah Gyan (Ghana), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Júlio César (Brazil), Miroslav Klose (Germany), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Maicon (Brazil), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Müller (Germany), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Carles Puyol (Spain), Arjen Robben (Holland), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Holland), David Villa (Spain), Xavi (Spain).

World Coach of the Year nominees: Carlo Ancelotti (Chelsea), Vicente del Bosque (Spain), Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United), Pep Guardiola (Barcelona), Joachim Löw (Germany), José Mourinho (Internazionale/Real Madrid), Oscar Tabarez (Uruguay), Louis van Gaal (Bayern Munich), Bert van Marwijk (Holland), Arsène Wenger (Arsenal).

I reckon iniesta might take it this year.

what a shock, no british players .....

what a shock, no british players .....

Big kerfuffle on the radio about why there arent any british players lol but im not surprised, currently they are rubbish, overpaid, underworked, lazy gits who are more worried about which page 3 girl they can bed.

Only player i might put among there is probably (i hate to say it) cashley cole.

Only player i might put among there is probably (i hate to say it) cashley cole.

Very true probably the only player that walked away from that shambles of a world cup with integrity lol.

And to even give him that label is saying something about British players!!!

On there day some of our players are fantastic, but for me there is no one that would get close to world player of the year ahead of any of the people suggested!

However the people in UEFA hate the fact that the premier league is still the most watched league in the world and makes more money than li liga, serie a, bundas league all put together... so anything to take the shine from us lol.

Mick

Big kerfuffle on the radio about why there arent any british players lol but im not surprised, currently they are rubbish, overpaid, underworked, lazy gits who are more worried about which page 3 girl they can bed.

you are absolutly right there mate....

Back