No US discs work on System Menu despite trying StartPatch and Friiloader???

Midnight Tboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

ok I've picked up a Wii for a mate on here to softmod for a friend of his.

Now on connecting it turned out its already had an older softmod though not sure what exactly. Dashboard was on 3.4.....obv the guy must have brought it to him because newer games werent working.

Now, its taken a while, but I've updated manually with the safe updater to 4.2E...and then followed the Easy Guide (the old guide I used to use a few months back looks like its since been removed :().

After that guide I also had to install cios222 and 223 which wasnt much problem to get configurable usb loader installed and working.

Now usb loader is working fine (haven't given it a NSMB playthrough test yet to make sure dont get the 5minute crash).....and UK discs are loading fine straight off the default system menu....US discs are also working from within Neo Loader..

but for the life of my I cannot get US discs to work directly from the system menu.

I first tried StartPatch...and of course set all the region free options (all 5) aswell as other options up. The discs do not show up still in the system menu. Other changes such as no warning screen etc work so startpatch was doing what its told??

I then tried removing the StartPatch settings and then installed Priiloader 0.3 with the hacks.ini, and set up the similar options. But again....other settings work fine...but US discs do not show up?

Really scratching my head at this one? Its prob something obvious but does anyone know why I cant get them to work on the system dash?

I've also tried using cios36 rev 18 and rev19 to no avail....and installing Cioscorp 3.6. The only thing that cios36rev18 and 19 seemed to do was screw everything up making me unable to install wad files any more, making me have to start again using Cios Uninstaller

they stopped import games from working on the last update , i think.I dont think there is away round this.

I did wonder about that too - from the time when I stupidly updated my chipped console to 4.2.

But then I softmodded it and got backups working I'm sure........hmmmm or was it simply because I then started switching to using usbloader. Could have swore I fixed it tho lol......time for me to connect my own 360 back up lol. Will be well and truly peeved off if turns out was never done all along lol

hmmm think theres possibly something more problematic here.

Whilst I haven't yet tested my own wii, which I'm going to do any minute......I've realised after testing a few discs out, after a fresh reinstall again.......that its not just US discs........a lot of pal discs are doing the same too.

Now I would have thought perhaps its the dvd drive on its way out or not liking the discs....but...they play fine when loaded via the neogamma r7???

Looks like its about 50/50 so far on these ones tested so far.....tested older Mario Kart titles dont play from system menu, some newer ones (like rabbids go home) work fine - so cant see any pattern to it. Why on earth is system menu so flakey.....wish I could find/try the old guide from here but looks like links have been removed :( As that had doing more steps than the Easy 4.2guide does - and could be linked?

Any ideas?

hmmmm.....definately something not right.

I tried my own wii...and of course.....US games DONT work in the system menu...so that was a red herring (stupid dick I am lol).....BUT!!......they still come up with the icon info and allow me to attempt to launch the game even if met with a black screen afterwards.

On this problem console...the disc spins for a little while......but then get no game logo on the channel....as if its given up half way....and when click on the game loading channel I get a few secs wait then a message about unable to load.

Like said though - the games loading no problem within the neogamma r7 though......and this is happening to some pal games too, with some other pal games working fine?

sorted it now :)

Had to run Cioscorp Uninstaller then reinstall Cioscorp. Looks like whoever did the wii before me must have put an older version on there leaving some left over junk files.

For what its worth though - I've just tried res evil US disc...and its loaded fine straight off the system menu (now why doesnt my own wii do that lol), That is with Priiloader with options set (didnt seem to make any difference on my own box)

Back