Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No Sound on HD Movies on my Media Streamer

Evastar

Inactive User
i have a couple of HD movies on my external hd playing them on my Western Digital Media Streamer via usb, but i can't get the sound to work, i tried them on the laptop and the sound is fine on vlc player. they are mkv format, i have a couple of other mkv HD movies on the external hd and the sound is playing on them fine.

it's probably something simple i need to do, any ideas?

It can happen if the file has DTS audio, not sure what wdtv model you have but some or all (not sure) do not decode DTS audio.

You may need to convert it to AC3 audio.

yeah i've just noticed that it says DTS audio, my amp plays DTS, the media streamer mustnt then. what do i use to convert the audio?

I have ImgBurn and convertXtodvd 4 on this laptop, would i need a different prog?

edit: ok have been checking it out, sounds like mkv2vob is what i need to use, have d/l it and will let you know how i get on :)

Last edited:
you will need a few things for this go here and download mkv extract and mkv toolnix. these are used to seperate the audio and video then to join them back when you have finnished converting the audio. give me a min so i can try and remember what to do next.

i dont remember doing the conversion this way but its set out better than i could have explained it here do that to the dts file and merge your new ac3 file and the video useing mkv merge .

looks like i used to go about it a long way round then lol. oh well its been a while since i have needed to do it anyway. is it still hd with mkvtovob??

no i don't think so, it's an mpeg now and only around 4 gb, was bigger before.

probably is some way to leave it as an mkv file i just didnt work out how!

the way i mention will leave the hd and just change the audio. once you have it sussed it doesnt actually take long but its if you can be arsed going through the motions with it. get an xtreamer and you wont have these issues lol

the way i mention will leave the hd and just change the audio. once you have it sussed it doesnt actually take long but its if you can be arsed going through the motions with it. get an xtreamer and you wont have these issues lol

forget the xtreamer and get a revo, price seems to have dropped recently. Can pick them up starting at around 160 quid now. Can play back any format and is a fully functioning PC.

I believe there is a new model out R3700 with D525 CPU.

forget the xtreamer and get a revo, price seems to have dropped recently. Can pick them up starting at around 160 quid now. Can play back any format and is a fully functioning PC.

I believe there is a new model out R3700 with D525 CPU.

thanks im happy with the xtreamer i have it the way i like it and more importantly the wife can use it without giving me greif so im happy.

ok i thought this worked for me last night, but when we went to watch the movie it had two or three mins sound and then two or three mins with no sound, all the way through :(

and i had deleted the original cos i thought the copy had worked lol

Back