No reception 16e, 26e, 39e, 53e

MikeTV

Inactive User
Reaction score
As the title says, i can't pull anything in on these at the moment. I'm located near London with a 85cm dish.
Anyone else struggling?
I wonder if it's to do with the cold weather?

your elevation on the motor may be slightly out m8, 39E is viewable with a 50cm dish normally,but the skew is sensitive, so something has to be out somewhere

Thanks Digi,
but 42e is showing 87% snr on its west beam, 1w thor is showing 88% on BBC/Gospel, & 58w is showing 90% on the Europe beam.

Wouldn't this suggest i'm bang on the arc, or do you think some fine tuning is required for the sats i'm struggling with?

Worth mentioning, i could get these fine the other week.

These are not the strongest of sats in the UK, which is why i thought the weather might be playing a part.

Are you, or is anyone else receiving 16e, 26e, 39e, & 53e ok in the UK?

iom betting 16, 26 and 39 fine m8, ive not got 53 tuned in, i dont think my motor will stretch that far

Thanks for this Digi. What size dish are you using mate?

I did a re-scan last night, and got the 39e services scanned in, but viewing was pixalated - ber 13k.
So they're coming back slowly.

It was a bastard cold day yesterday going east, and i've heard that ice forming in the upper atmosphere can cause some attenuation in signal.

I 'm wondering if this could be my problem?

ive got a 1.1M m8, but neighbour has 80cm and is getting 42E-30W no problems m8

check the skew on your LNB m8

You were right digi - the dish was off.
It's a cheapy old no brand dish with a dodgy bracket that i was given.
I think i will upgrade in the Spring

I have a good lock on BBC World 1W, Thor but if I try and tune 4E its crap whereas 28E, 19E and 13E are perfect, is my dish pointing too low?

There's only feeds on 4e, and lyngsat doesn't seem to have a footprint for it, so i'm not even sure we can get it in the uk. I did a complete scan at the weekend and couldn't pick anything up on it.

Did you mean 4.8e? If so, you should be able to get a good fix on this with a 60-90cm dish in the UK.

As i've learned, just because you've got a lock on 1w, 13,19, & 28 etc. which are all strong in the UK, doesn't mean you're bang on the arc.

Your best bet is to make sure your pole is dead vertical, your dish / lnb is dead central; tune to 1W BBC World (11325H, 24500, 7/8) and align your dish for the best possible snr. Alternatively, use a meter if you have one.
Once you've tightened up, push the edge of the dish on the left, right, top, and bottom. If the snr rises at all, your not aligned properly. As long as it drops, you're ok.

What you are saying makes sense, I just assumed that if I had a good lock on Thor than the satellites nearby it should be good rather than the ones further away.

Basically you're right.
But remember you've got high, medium and low power sats available in the UK spread right around the arc, meaning you might get 1w, 13e, 19e, & 28e good and strong, but because you're a fraction off, 23.5e & 26e for instance, give you problems.

I'm starting to come round to the idea that it may be worth spending a bit of cash to get a proper 36v system with a decent size dish, that isn't going to keep falling out of line everytime we get some shite weather.

Back