No Audio/Video message

Hi again mygoose,

I think what manic1 is referring to is... if your TM 5200D was installed to obtain all of the other FTA channels available on 28.2°East/28.5°East (the positions where nearly all UK Satellite TV providers beam their signals to/from) ...then that would explain the 'No Audio/Video' message you are seeing... there have been massive changes made to frequencies/channels etc. on those satellite positions...

So in all likelihood... a lot of the frequencies/channels originally programmed into/scanned into your TM 5200D may now be defunct/incorrect and will need new frequencies entering and channels re-scanning... or alternatively by deleting all frequencies/channels... then carrying out a full blind search to regain/renew all current frequencies/channels...

But that does not get away from the fact that the Technomate remote control will not operate your TM 5200D... I can think of a few reasons for this...

1/ The TM 5200D is switching on then locking up due to software problems
2/ The feed from the Dish/LNB into the TM 5200D is causing the TM 5200D to lock up
3/ The remote control is faulty/dead
4/ The remote control is not the correct one for the TM 5200D

That is why I asked you if you could change channels using the up and down buttons on the front of your TM 5200D... if this cannot be done then there may be a more serious problem with your TM 5200D

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Zorch you are a star!! You have fixed it.

Will explain later, probably tomorrow.

Many, many thanks

Kindest regards
mygoose

Back