NHS waiting lists

MA

Childrens but still respected
Reaction score
I've been told that i have to wait 3 months for a simple eye operation! :Chainsaw:

Its not as if its major surgery, i could be in & out the same day!

I blame those idiots who mess around with fireworks and ignore the warnings about safety, and then end up with an eye missing as a result - they're the ones who are making the opthalmology lists so long :Chainsaw:

And what makes it worse is knowing that if I were to go private i would be seen in a couple of weeks, but i'd have to pay £200 for a consultation and then extra for the surgery - unfortunately beyond my financial means.

So i guess im stuck for the next 3 months, unless someone knows a backalley clinic? :proud:

sorry to here that,my missus works for the nhs and she tells me what a shambles they are to work for, few words ...underpayed ,overworked,great management what more can you say,book in to your local vets you prob get a much better service there anyway.

Nothin worse. My dad died of tuberculosis because they didnt catch it on time 3 christmases ago, at the same time my mum was not well and they told her it was her thyroid gland but she was going down hill fast. turned out a year later she was diagnosed with cancer. They did a life threatening operation in the end. Which was to late as it had spread. after a 3 year battle all in, 4 days before christmas day, a year after my dad died she died. so i have no faith in the nhs. two christmases in a row fecked.

Another thing that gets up my nose is this testing of placebo drugs. They give half the drug and the other half sugar. I say give them all the same drug because what dosnt work for one might work for the other. In my mums case she had nothing to lose.

Sorry to hear that gazzas. my situation seems like nothing compared to yours. I think its outrageous that they allow these things to happen. your wife is totally right sajon44, the NHS need to sort themselves out :(

I had a 3 month minor opp booked 2 cacellations later i'm still waiting. Dont hold our breath

I attended the doctor two weeks ago regarding a problem with my knee.
Doctor didnt know me as I have attended three times in twenty years!
I was told that I might loose the knee and I had to attend hospital for X rays and blood samples.
Last week I went back to the doctor for the results.......Lost the blood sample and the X rays did'nt arrive.
Doctor says I need to see a consultant and it will be six months for a consultation.
I tell him the pain is too great and I cant wait six months.
He asked if I wanted to go private.
How much, I reply.
£200.00
Very sore knee which I need for work so no option.... OK then Doc
Going to see consultant on Thursday coming.
By the way, the same consultant that couldnt see me for six months.
Is there someone on the NHS worse than me, now having to wait longer because I have £200.
Then he will tell me how much to pay to fix it.
Paid into NHS all my life, when I need treatment ...Bloody useless.

Back