Newsgroup $11 Unlimited???

hi all,
sorry i'm a total div
i've just signed up for the newsgroup but don't know how to get in amongst it and start downloading:(
got a login etc but not getting very far once i'm in, do i need to wait for further activation??
any tips wd be much appreciated

Ta

Last edited:
hi all,
sorry i'm a total div
i've just signed up for the newsgroup but don't know how to get in amongst it and start downloading:(
got a login etc but not getting very far once i'm in, do i need to wait for further activation??
any tips wd be much appreciated

Ta

First have a look on Slyck.com - Guide To The Newsgroups - QuickStart .

Let me know if you need any further help.

Hope it helps.

Astraweb are upping there retention to 270days.

Gigawho :Laugh:

driving me bloody nuts!!
lol
i've downloaded nemo for mac but am gettin nowhere fast!

driving me bloody nuts!!
lol
i've downloaded nemo for mac but am gettin nowhere fast!

you only need to enter 3, maybe 4 items of info.
Server
User
Pass
maybe Port, if SSL 563

I don't think nemo does NZB's get Unison from Demonoid, mininova(torrents)

cheers dave,

I'm in - using unison got all in front of me
now to work out the search and how to find the downloads
so far getting loads of messages and links to things when i click on a category
do i need to search further to download

Ta

cheers dave,

I'm in - using unison got all in front of me
now to work out the search and how to find the downloads
so far getting loads of messages and links to things when i click on a category
do i need to search further to download

Ta

For free newsgroup search try Newzleech.com - Usenet Search or www.binsearch.info

Copied from The best Usenet Search Engines

1. Newzleech

I have discovered Newsleech only recently but have to admit that it provides one of the best Usenet search engines. It provides users with a general search, an option to browse groups, to browse posts and to subscribe to RSS feeds to be informed when a new post matching the criteria is made.
Search results can be filtered by group, post age and size. The results are displayed in a list showing the most important information such as name, size, group, age and completion status. NZBs are created on the fly by checking at least one search result.

2. Binsearch.info

Binsearch offers basically the same features that Newsleech does. You can make a general search, search only specific groups and define post age, size and several other parameters. Results can be checked and a NZB file will be created in the process which can then be imported in the Newsreader.

3. Yabsearch.nl

A Dutch search engine with no English interface. Supports NZB creation and advanced search parameters. Displays size, name and completion status in the results.
Most information on those search engines is redundant meaning that all seem to index new posts fast enough and tend to display the same information in their search results. It’s still good to have some outs in case one of them goes down.

Last edited:
Excellent m8,
cheers for all the help
i got it all sorted now

Result!!

i take these connections are not ssl encrypted for this deal?

20 connections with euro server and SSL. Put my giganews account on hold to test it out. Well impressed. The euro servers are far quicker than giganews.

i was with newsdemon with 20SSL connections for sommat like $24 a month, theyve gone right out the window :proud:

well worth the 8 quid fee

signd up aswell. ive been using alt bins to download and at 1st i was getting constant 2100kbs now im only ever getting 750kbs im on virgin 20meg connection. any ideas y it is so slow?

Virgin capping?

I've joined up too. Used to use torrents but though for £8 i thought i'd give newsgroups a go and i'm sticking with it.

I just use a dutch proxy and continue to use Hitnews.eu, has worked fine for the 3 month since they switched me to xennews.

Can't beat the £4 for unlimited SSL, only 8 connections but suits me just fine.

I just use a dutch proxy and continue to use Hitnews.eu, has worked fine for the 3 month since they switched me to xennews.

Can't beat the £4 for unlimited SSL, only 8 connections but suits me just fine.

can i use this through my existing xnews . any help gratefully recieved lol. cant get an files to show just 408 authentication needed

Virgin capping?

I've joined up too. Used to use torrents but though for £8 i thought i'd give newsgroups a go and i'm sticking with it.

dnt think its cappin ive not used all wk and started to download file at 2am

Back