Newbie needs help

Jetsheppard

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys I am just venturing into the realm of getting a dreambox. I have on my house a Fixed Sat dish which was installed by "the UK satalite provider". I however no longer have a subscription and was wondering can I use a dream box with the dish to receave channels I would have previously had to subscribe to get, and if so could someone please explain how maybe in a private msg. Thanks for you time

No you wont get anything extra.

What you get with your $ly box and old card is what you will get with a dreambox.

Anything else like sharing cards over the internet to open up providers is illegal and frowned upon.

ah ok thanks for the info.
cardsharing this concept kind of confuses me. I read the sticky which I kinda understood.
So do some people make there card avalible over the internet for others to share is that how people do it illegally. I can see why you would get in trouble for that.

Some people share cards illegally and charge a fee. Usually these type of commercial servers are just to earn a quick buck and end up being closed. Some may last but often they are over-subscribed so you get broken and glitchy video.
You may be lucky to find a stable long lasting server but general rule is you dont get something for nothing and if its low cost then expect cheap results :)

In truth people do illegal stuff and members make their own choice, its just that its good to be aware of easy pitfalls and that you could be an easy target for scammers.

Privately some do arrange their own share, which would obviously be more safe, secure and stable since not publically advertised and sold online etc. A dreambox is a very capable piece of equipment, but it not really a total 'free tv' solution. I fully recommend dreambox satellite receivers but personally I wouldnt recommend them as a digibox & subscription replacement.

Glad the sticky has helped in some way too.
:)

Back