New Virus Warning !

O

owenzy

guys,

W32/Yaha.g@MM

McAfee.com has raised the risk assessment of W32/Yaha.g@MM to MEDIUM RISK FOR HOME USERS. This mass-mailing worm attempts to disable anti-virus and firewall protection, leaving infected systems vulnerable. As always, we recommend that you keep your anti-virus software up-to-date for the best protection.

keep safe!

owenzy.
:eek: :eek:

URGENT guy's..........

McAfee.com is issuing an update to the W32/Klez.h@MM virus alert.
This is a HIGH RISK virus for HOME USERS, which is spread via email.
McAfee.com has received reports that certain Klez variants have the ability to alter or destroy files if the virus is present on July 13th.

As always, we recommend that you keep your anti-virus software up-to-date for the best protection.

owenzy.
:(

A virus warning is always good to know about but is it not time this was unstuck its old news now

its never too late m8 the 1 i got was named shore rd a place in belfast ,some sick **** went to long lengthens to hide were it was sent from had my bro-in-law do a trace for it and hes very good but he couldnt find it the last place i remember dloading anything of was a public hub wiped everything including norton so a reminder is always good to have :(

A virus warning is always appreciated IF it is genuine. there are a lot of hoax's out there.

I received a "bomb" when I first used my newly installed cable modem, (I had used a 56K dial up for around 12 years without any problem), anyway when I managed to clean it it had exploded and I had 6 virus's on my machine. All seemed ok until I did a scandisk and restarted the machine. I then had no hard drive and it wasn't registered in the BIOS. The out come is my HDD is under warrenty and I am having it replaced free of charge.

I was running Mcafee with the latest DAT files, infact I had just updated them a couple of days prior to this.

latest virus news ( to keep everyone up to date & happy!!)

lol
owenzy.

1. Exploit-MIME.gen

2. Downloader-W

3. JS/IEstart.gen

4. JS/NoClose

5. JS/NoClose

6. W32/Badtrans@MM

7. W32/Elkern.cav

8. W32/Frethem.l@MM

9. W32/Frethem.l@MM

10. W32/Klez.h@MM

keep safe,
owenzy.
:eek:

and if not listed, keep a eye out for these......

1. VBS/LoveLetter@MM

2. W32/Supova.worm

3. Exploit-MIME.gen.exe

4. JS/NoClose

5. W32/Klez.h@MM

6. W32/Elkern.cav.c

7. VBS/Haptime

8. W32/Duni.worm.b

9. W32/Benjamin.a.worm

10. VBS/Haptime.gen@MM

owenzy.
:eek:

***s anymouse

you keep em coming thick an fast m8,

as you ll always get some k*** sendin yer a virus,

the word was nbb

this is one of the more important threads in the forum

regards scoot

Good advice lads.
If I remember correctly, NAV updates approx every 8 days or so. If you have NAV installed then I recomend that you make the most of its free update feature on a regular basis.

Lets be careful out there.

Back