New version of multiMAN available 1.14

Dean has released another new update to his popular backup manager with several major additions particulary the implementation of syscall 36 function. What does it mean? You now have to use a Blu-ray disc each time you want to mount your PS3 backup games, with this, there supposedly to be a higher compatibility rate with the backup games. Well, i did not test it yet, you might want to give it a try.

Please read here below the change log (Special thanks to Jawad):

* Implemented stable syscall36 function (thanks to they know who)
* Fixed file manager default character mode
* Fixed network icon/text when no network is available
* More user friendly messages when problem appears
* New update/cover server (thanks to shaj)
* Option to download updates without USB stick
* New ‘options.ini’ format (thanks to SiGMAniac)
* [Last Game] updated (separate application)
* A lot of other stability fixes

A lot of people doesn’t realize how feature rich multiMAN is, so here i put up the features that might interest some of you.

* User defined options.ini (options_default.ini) to set various options
* Copy/backup progress bar
* Support and display for 7 devices (HDD/USB/BD/SDHC/MS/CF)
* Support for REMOTE PLAY via PSP or other compatible peripherals
* Animated icons and backgrounds
* Update check/download feature with [R3] button
* Support for COVER.PNG in AVCHD video folders
* Support for AVCHD activation from external USB devices
* Support for backup of AVCHD to internal HDD
* Support for playback of AVCHD and Blu-ray content from internal HDD
* Overscan support for DLP and CRT TV sets
* MP3/AC3 playback (play songs using the File manager from local and network locations)
* JPEG/PNG picture viewer (browse/view pictures using the File manager from local and network locations)
* HEX file viewer
* Support for at least 4 freetype fonts (user can change using [SELECT]+[R3] in game display modes)

BASE

FULL

ive been using the test version since last night and had no errors freezes glitches ect....... id say this is the best manger to use, stop using lv2 its horrid and unreliable.

i normally use multiman and have done since the beginning as anyone any idea if this as the history wipe incorporated i keep checking the update logs but i havent seen it yet, i started to use gaia for that reason cause im too lazy to run the separate app lol still prefer multiman though.

i normally use multiman and have done since the beginning as anyone any idea if this as the history wipe incorporated i keep checking the update logs but i havent seen it yet, i started to use gaia for that reason cause im too lazy to run the separate app lol still prefer multiman though.

dont think so i saw a post by him a while back stating why and tbh it was a bs excuse.. same reason he wont stealth it.

im not fussed running wipe history tbh for the sake of a better loader with no freezes its worth it to me as i have a slim and its a pain in the arse unplugging it as ive not bought a aftermarket switch for it yet.

not had to get my lazy ass up out of the sofa once using this and with the others it was a guaranteed freeze at some point.

cheers mate, saying that it looks like hes concentrating on more features instead which you cant knock him for, i cant understand why he dont want to stealth it though

He added history wipe in 1.13.02 and called it "clear_activity_logs" in the options, it's on by default.

Here are the links for all the different versions.

=============================================================================
multiMAN ver 1.14.00 BASE [20110125_160000].rar (6.72 MB)
http://www.multiupload.com/ADE18R02BK
multiMAN ver 1.14.00 FULL [20110125_160000].rar (31.01 MB) (920 covers)
For all FW versions
http://www.multiupload.com/V6NF3LBGZT
multiMAN ver 1.14.00 FULL [20110125_160000] 355GH.rar (31.01 MB) (920 covers)
For FW 3.55 (GH/WTNG/WNKK)
http://www.multiupload.com/FJTARWO29U
multiMAN ver 1.14.00 MEGA [20110125_160000].rar (218.46 MB) (+33 themes)
For FW 3.40-3.55
http://www.multiupload.com/S2DGGCXX3L
multiMAN ver 1.14.00 MEGA [20110125_160000] 355GH.rar (218.46 MB) (+33 themes)
For FW 3.55 (GH/WTNG/WNKK)
http://www.multiupload.com/TZKTSAXDT0

dont think so i saw a post by him a while back stating why and tbh it was a bs excuse.. same reason he wont stealth it.

im not fussed running wipe history tbh for the sake of a better loader with no freezes its worth it to me as i have a slim and its a pain in the arse unplugging it as ive not bought a aftermarket switch for it yet.

not had to get my lazy ass up out of the sofa once using this and with the others it was a guaranteed freeze at some point.

way to make me brick myslef guys. i knew i had seen history wipe or some such but i was expecting to get home and be banned or something.

He added history wipe in 1.13.02 and called it "clear_activity_logs" in the options, it's on by default.
cheers for that mate i remember seeing it in the options now.

way to make me brick myslef guys. i knew i had seen history wipe or some such but i was expecting to get home and be banned or something.

lol sorry about that mate.

Last edited:
Whats in the different versions? I have the base version installed and it does everything i could want it to :)

so glad the annoying music has gone from 1.14 now aswell :) (unless its in the full / mega versions?)

Just been testing it and its been rock solid so far! :)

Is there an option in the options.ini to turn the background music off ?

I know it can be done with START+[] but I like to save my options.ini on my PC incase of a re-install.

Thanks.

Have just upgraded to this MM & 3.55 Kmeaw FW & all I get is black screens on start up wih games that worked with JB 3.41 like Batman AA, Virtua Fighter 5 & others. Anyone any ideas please?

Thanks

base will be program only and full will be with themes id expect.

but you can have any theme and get rid of the music.

R1 or L1 scrolls through the pages when you get to the one where you can see your files and not the games theres a tab up the top called themes go select it and change your theme from there but before you do loo in the list once you highlight the theme you want and if you see a sound.bin you know it has music.

if you want rid for good just scroll down to sound.bin and hit square button, it will ask you if you want to delete, hit yes... then exit out and select the theme to use.

you get the nice theme without the shitty music perm.....

Have just upgraded to this MM & 3.55 Kmeaw FW & all I get is black screens on start up wih games that worked with JB 3.41 like Batman AA, Virtua Fighter 5 & others. Anyone any ideas please?

Thanks

did you reboot ps3? this wont wont if you have used lv2 today and not cleared it by rebooting.

this uses syscall36 not lv2.

plus did you have mm on your ps3 anyway? as this is an update and im sure it states you must have an earlier mm on already to write over.

did you reboot ps3? this wont wont if you have used lv2 today and not cleared it by rebooting.

this uses syscall36 not lv2.

plus did you have mm on your ps3 anyway? as this is an update and im sure it states you must have an earlier mm on already to write over.

Yes rebooted PS3 & did not have MM installed because I had to format HD but I thought the full pack can download off here would be enough??

Yes rebooted PS3 & did not have MM installed because I had to format HD but I thought the full pack can download off here would be enough??

dunno but i downloaded an old full pack with themes ect...and it didnt work until i put an earlier version on first... most of his releases say you must have blah blah blah installed first.

only thing i can suggest really as it should work, have you looked in options.ini to see if the payload is 0 or 1 aswell? if its 0 change it to 1.

ive never needed to do it but i suspect its because i go one over the top of another all the time.

dunno but i downloaded an old full pack with themes ect...and it didnt work until i put an earlier version on first... most of his releases say you must have blah blah blah installed first.

only thing i can suggest really as it should work, have you looked in options.ini to see if the payload is 0 or 1 aswell? if its 0 change it to 1.

ive never needed to do it but i suspect its because i go one over the top of another all the time.

Thanks m8 but I thought you did not have to change the .ini from 0 to 1 seeing it using syscall 36?

Just tried Gaia Manager V2.05 & exactly the same thing, black screen & freezing. Think might have to re install OFW 3.55 & then Kmeaw again!

Last edited:
Thanks m8 but I thought you did not have to change the .ini from 0 to 1 seeing it using syscall 36?

dunno i never changed anything but ive seen that one was released without it set and you had to do it yourself.

ive never needed to but i have not put this one on yet as i was using the test version.

im about to do it in the next 5 mins so will let you know.

ive just downloaded the mega pack with the themes, so do i just unrar the download onto a usb and then plug it into the ps3 and open the updates/folder reason why im asking as ive unrared it onto my sd card and theres 2 rar files with a load of other files on it?

Back