New update from live

dilpz

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just turned on my slim and it prompted me to do a system update from live. I do have another box I keep offline for backups but given that i may want to get the slim's keys just in case should I update?

I have heard various things such as the new updates doing things with the drivekey and wanted to make sure. FYI it is already on the kinect dash.

There`s a new JF out that will read the drive after the update , but there`s no harm in reading the key now before you update.

Thanks mate, might just do that. I'll order some opening tools off fleebay.

You might want to check the tray first to see if yours is a liteon or hitachi, if its an hitachi you cant get the keys yet as far as I know, if its the liteon 0225you still might struggle to get the keys depending on what card your using, you might have to get the usbpro, if you have the 9504 your ok :)

ive redone all 3 (7,8 and 9 )of lite ons for folk with no ill effects so far

ive redone all 3 (7,8 and 9 )of lite ons for folk with no ill effects so far

just going to flash my lite on . will all my games still play or will i need to re check them with abgx and re-burn

Got This from else were
Okay guys, I will sum up something important about new dashboard update.

1. When my flashed Xbox 360 connect to Xbox live and did an update, the dvd drive was back to brand new original firmware which causes :

- No burned games works.
- No NON-JTAG thing works.

2. I reflashed my Xbox 360 with LT+ v1.1 firmware after that update :

Burned games work again except all AP25 games we have known ( black screen remains till you reset the console ). I just tested with those AP25 games and some games I am playing, here is result :

+ Fable 3, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, NFS Hot Pursuit, Halo reach, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops don't work anymore since they maybe have new AP25 check ( 6 AP25 games had been pre-patched with latest AP25 through current abgx software ( v1.0.5 ). For some reports before, people said Black Ops's and Modern Warfare 2's AP25 were removed on new dash, but sorry this is wrong, they have new AP25 and we have to wait till new AP25 patches release to play them again.

+ Super Street Fighter 4, Fifa 11, L.A. Noire still work as normal. These are games I'm currently playing so high chance other non-AP25 games still working fine.

+ Non-JTAG things wont work anymore, even you reflash your console or not, these incredible things are completely gone for now.

3. As some rumors before, the xbox itself will reflash the DVD drive back to original everytimes it reboots, this is completely wrong because after the update, I reflashed with LT+ firmware then rebooted my xbox about 10 times and the LT+ still there, no problem with it.

PS : I have Lite-on 93450c on Jasper v2 ( MFR date : 2009-11-09 ).

I don't have BenQ or Samsung Drives, so if anyone asks for information about these drives, please wait for other people who using these to report.
coley

Do not reflash a slim to LT+1.1 after the update. Its detectable by M$. You need to wait for LT+2 or LT+1.9

Thanks janobi did not really understand the situation. Thats why I posted that and what you wrote is what I thought.

The place were i got that info from. The thread was massive and I really did not understand it.

Mines unplugged from the net at the mo until something arrives

Coley

Do not reflash a slim to LT+1.1 after the update. Its detectable by M$. You need to wait for LT+2 or LT+1.9

their all detectable by ms,
just varing degrees

dont assume because their was no mass ban wave last year that they couldnt detect

Back