New UK Firmware fix for EX5000 & 1000SL

jgy4real

New Member ++
Reaction score
Hi, got this from another site.

[EDIT] No posting of files thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one, Don't know if the forum will allow you to post files with the K**ys included. A link you will be ok.

Appreciated

Tried & tested the 1000sl, not sure about EX5000 as i have no box to try it on.

Nice one, Don't know if the forum will allow you to post files with the K**ys included. A link you will be ok.

Appreciated

You dont need a link for anything mate flash the relevant fix to your box and it will do it automatically for you.

Try this.

EDIT: files links need to be uploaded to general cable sticky
Rat

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mates, I have the EX 5000 PVR can anyone tell me if it will work on this as I do not want to loose the recording facility that is part of the box since there is also a EX 5000 without the recording option.

Hi Guys and Galls

I have the exe file downloaded and a null modem cable, do i just run the .exe file , or do i need to do something else first like some sort of uploading software. Any help much appreciaited before I give it a try. I have a Eurovix 1000 and a 5000 PVR, assuming the uploading is the same on both, I do have 2 seperate .exe files from the toolbar

hI gUYS

I am all setup with my pc and null modem cable but need to know where to get the fix from.

I downloaded a unified file loader fix from the toolbar, is this all i need. What do i do, just hit download or upload, is it not expecting me to link it another file???

hI gUYS

I am all setup with my pc and null modem cable but need to know where to get the fix from.

I downloaded a unified file loader fix from the toolbar, is this all i need. What do i do, just hit download or upload, is it not expecting me to link it another file???

yep thats all u need mate just hit download when ur box is connected.
can anyone who's done a 5000 tell me if im gonna lose my recordings.

hI gUYS

the steps you need to take are:
Connect the box using the serial cable.
Power up the box
After you download the file, simply run it,
you will get a whole new screen in the middle.
Press the download button in this screen and it will do the needful.

I know it sounds simple, but yes it actually is as simple as that.

Back