Linux New to linux & deluge on ubuntu question

mmonster

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've only started playing with ubuntu 2 days ago, so I've installed ubuntu sever 14.04. Have installed a second hard drive and set it to auto mount, also installed deluge headless version successfully and able to connect to it remotely. My question is how do I change the download path from the default (/home/deluge) to my new mounted hard drive?

The 2nd hard drive /dev/sdb1 is mounted to /media/titan1/downloads

Edit: Never mind I figured it out, had to change permissions for the deluge user onto the new path. Damn this linux is fun but pain in the a$$ to learn, haven't used the stuff since I was at uni years back. Guess I'll keep at it and try to master the thing. It sure more powerful than windows in sense it allows you to do much more with simple hardware though I'm running this server on FX 4100 Quad core AMD with 4GB Ram.

Last edited:
Hi there,just installed Ubuntu and is it as safe as they say it is.... really impressed with it at the minute :)

lol rm -rf /boot would kill the boot directory, su rm -rf / or su rm -rf * would be more effective it'd destroy almost every writable directory on the machine, try suicide linux for a laugh :) if you get a command wrong it destroys itself, fun and infuriating in equal measures

lol rm -rf /boot would kill the boot directory, su rm -rf / or su rm -rf * would be more effective it'd destroy almost every writable directory on the machine, try suicide linux for a laugh :) if you get a command wrong it destroys itself, fun and infuriating in equal measures

Indeed! Your suggestion would require a rebuild whereas mine would result in resurrection after a short period of pain for a half-decent techie ;)

Back