New monitor 22" struggling to set the res

gasman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 22" monitor and its recommended @ 1680x1050 (resolution). Have set it to that and its great for my desktop as ive upped the font/icon sizes etc but on the internet its shite I dont mean txt ive upped them too but things like yahoo pool and redtube open in small windows dont mind so much the pool but redtube ffs i need this sortin. HELP !!!!!!!
Tried dropping the res but it just looks shite anyone figured a way to sort this out ????
Thanks in advance

What resolution was your old monitor?

I had it on a 28" sony bravia lcd tv so i think the res was quite low, something like 1024 x 768. Ive got this new one set @ 1440 x 900 but my movies in ie and other things are still quite small.

I hate to say it but if it does not display lower resolution well then you may be stuck with it. Depending on the screen, I have seen some displays which do not upscale lower resolutions very well. I hope this is not the case in your instance.

I hate to say it but if it does not display lower resolution well then you may be stuck with it. Depending on the screen, I have seen some displays which do not upscale lower resolutions very well. I hope this is not the case in your instance.

It goes right down to the old 800x600 but wots the point of the higher res if the displays tiny

The only way I can think of streching the videos if there is no full screen option is to download/record the .flv stream or use the windows magnifier via [winkey]+.

I used to have a piece of software that allowed me to change resolution quickly via a keyboard macro on my old voodoo3 gfx card, however I've forgotten the name of it. Apparenly both nVidia's and ATi's system tray icon allow the user to change the resolution quickly, but its not as simple as a key press. But both methods would allow you to easily adjust the resolution when you visit the likes of redtube...

Back