new image for TM500/600 in download centre?

the SR image is a trader image, if you flash this, you WILL LOSE ftp and telnet access

the SR image is a trader image, if you flash this, you WILL LOSE ftp and telnet access

Just discovered that.

Who releases trader images?

Do not flash this image, you will have to reflash using null modem cable.

Last edited:
Just discovered that.

It's not the first time they have done it m8 :mad:

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

Just discovered that.

Personally I think TM have got to be "unoffically" involved in influencing the release of SR type trader images.... it's simple business supply/demand.. Who is going to buy more boxes in bigger volumes ? Your hobbyist or traders ?? Obviously traders who are going to sell them on with pre-configured lines. Which is why the SR image exists...it allows traders to lock down the boxes , prevent end users from making changes, accessing C-lines etc.so in effect you become reliant on the trader and have to pay them for any updates...
Put it this way...in all the hey day of the bugs/faults when the TM500 and 600 were released...what did UR Team/IQ team etc etc..concentrate on ?? Fixing bugs ?? Nope you saw more attention on features like hidden CCam config files etc..UR/IQ probably are not doing this off their own back someone is telling them to create these images...
If you search hard enough on this forum providing it hasnt been deleted, you'll even find a post by Satwiz/Dr Linux in the TM800 stuff, saying that the majority of customers are traders who sell pre configured boxes, only 2% are hobbyists...

Its a pain in the arse images like that, I loaded that image last night to try out and now have to do a null modem load to rectify.

I see the image has been replaced today and the sr one removed. any idea what the difference in the new one is?

The write up on it says effectively the same as the last one.

TM-500 Super iQ
Remote control fixed

yeah, different name though, and what was wrong with the remote control been working ok for years now.

I clicked software update from my box. Will this have loaded this image or not?

Back