New COCO card

sakiblateef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
New card from the Gamma team.

Only opens Showtime and Art at the moment.

just a quick question, im new to sat. these cards that people use, can u not just get an image like a virmin card and write it to a fun and use? sorry if im being dumb lol just curious

just a quick question, im new to sat. these cards that people use, can u not just get an image like a virmin card and write it to a fun and use? sorry if im being dumb lol just curious

The cards - gamma,m2plus etc all "emulate" original smart cards - in the same way a funcard can emulate a nagra1 original card!!

The difference is funcards wouldnt have the memory capacity to handle emulating the newer encryption systems. Also the source code to enable nagra1 to be emulated by cards is widely available for use on funs, atmegas, opos, tit and tit2 but the emulation used on these sat cards is a closely guarded secret!!!

Most of the newer cards are the AT960SC7272C (with unique O/S being the difference ) as opposed to the 6464c flavour used for opos, tit2. They have a bigger processsor than the older ones !!

so basically, with the right card, using my programmer, i cud write one of these cards to access new channels?

so basically, with the right card, using my programmer, i cud write one of these cards to access new channels?

Dont know about the Coco card - thats a new one on me but yes, you basically buy the card and load the files that appear on the net and view the channels until either it stops working when and update will hopefully become available. Some cards last longer than others though - so if you get in early you could get months or in the case of a gamma years out of it. On the flip side you could be unlucky and buy a dud that last no time at all!!

Even though some of the shorter lasting cards may seem to be a rip off when you compare the saving over 2 - 3 months to the cost of an official sub it normally works out cheaper still!!

cool, but do u have to buy them? could u not use a blank card, tit 2 etc, and just write the card urself if the files are online?

can it be done tho? i mean virmin cards can be, so surely a lot of the sats using similar protection can be done

can it be done tho? i mean virmin cards can be, so surely a lot of the sats using similar protection can be done

I think nagra2 cards could be Mosc'd but not heard of it for anything about now - nagra 1 that VM use was busted wide open years ago (thats why most providers have moved to something else) - the days of making big money from emulation for it ended years ago for the hackers - thats why all the emulation software hit the scene and was/is freely available - thats how we can use tit2 and the like!!

For other stuff the money making goes on and the release of cards and cams with dedicated o/s and files is big business and very secure. You wont be able to dump the o/s from say a gamma and make a new gamma from a blank 7272c smartcard.

Im not saying its not possible - infact im sure it could in theory be done but dont expect to see it anytime soon!!

The best you can hope for is that near the end of the lifetime of a hack the details maybe sold on to receiver makers to allow for it to be included into a patch.

Think of encryption this way - every new release will incorporate stronger security - and be tougher to crack - they do learn from their earlier mistakes and any hack these days is pretty much going to be commercial as the costs involved in researching the hack and the equipment needed would rule out hobbyists!!!

alot of these hobby cards that have been about have had there os dumped and put on the net if you look at the os toolkit there is a lot of cards in it that have been dumped so it might make you think when they were dumped also from this we were able to use the tit2 again because we could change the opos file to work on the tit2 and tit1 also you could mosc a d+ nagra 2 card think it was rom 102 + 110

alot of these hobby cards that have been about have had there os dumped and put on the net if you look at the os toolkit there is a lot of cards in it that have been dumped so it might make you think when they were dumped also from this we were able to use the tit2 again because we could change the opos file to work on the tit2 and tit1 also you could mosc a d+ nagra 2 card think it was rom 102 + 110

Thats my point exactly - the o/s will only get dumped or released once the makers stop making cash from them - its only a stroke of luck that we here in the UK still have nagra1 encryption in use - as you know the rest of the world are in the process of going to N3 and many have already!!

Also if the gamma o/s was out support would probably stop from the gamme team!!!

all very true m8 was not getting at what you were saying but only pointing out that the cards might have been dumped well before the team put them up there is after all a lot of smart people out there that could well do it

also there is still some places other than the uk still using n1 i know of one or two places in the west of the world still using it might be the same as virgin dont have the money to do the change yet or what ever reason they have for not doing it yet but from the last time i heard they were still using n1

Last edited:
what the channels work with coco card now
thanksssssssssssssssssssss

Thats my point exactly - the o/s will only get dumped or released once the makers stop making cash from them - its only a stroke of luck that we here in the UK still have nagra1 encryption in use - as you know the rest of the world are in the process of going to N3 and many have already!!

Also if the gamma o/s was out support would probably stop from the gamme team!!!

Might sound a bit silly, but who still uses Nagra1 and how to you get something to watch it??????

Ng

Might sound a bit silly, but who still uses Nagra1 and how to you get something to watch it??????

Ng

Virgin Media - cable network use N1 - best to check out the cable section!!

dear experts, can we have any tutorials to make our own file for coco card ?
regards-george

dear experts, can we have any tutorials to make our own file for coco card ?
regards-george

I think you will find that those details are a closely guarded secret!! Not likely to release that sort of info publically as it will affect their profits!!

I think you will find that those details are a closely guarded secret!! Not likely to release that sort of info publically as it will affect their profits!!

thank u dear gooner for ur reply....and the tutorial for gamma has been sorted already! , one day...coco will also came out to public.:Biggrin2:
regards-george

Back