New Classifieds Section - NOW OPEN

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You might of noticed there was some random items on sale over the last month that I was testing out.

Well this section is now open for members to use!

This is a serious Classifieds System, which we hope you enjoy :)

There are far to many features to mention but I will try to list the most important:

• Built in Postage options - You setup your charges for postage in your user control panel.
  • Feedback System - Receive and Give feedback based on your user experience.
  • Item Time - Set how long you want your items listed for.
  • Auction style Bidding - Bids are in real time.
  • BUY IT NOW - Just sell the thing.
  • Returns - you setup your returns policy.
  • Resolution Centre - hopefully we do not need this but if you do have issues it can all be logged in our resolution centre.
  • Item Updates Logged - updating items logs both the original and the updated listing for buyer and seller protection.
  • Featured Items - Feature your items - NO charge but based on post counts, reputation, usergroups etc.

See this Image for a little guide on usage:

DW Classifieds.png

There is absolutely no fee's for using our classifieds!

If you need help or are not sure feel free to post in this thread for support.

TRY IT OUT - View Listings - DigitalWorldz Classifieds

NOTE: the old classifieds forums will be archived by january the 5th and will not have any posting!

Last edited:
Although I trust the Admin, why is having an address mandatory?

You have no addresses listed. Please create one so that you can participate in the purchasing or bidding on listings. Click here to do so.

Although I trust the Admin, why is having an address mandatory?

Admin cannot see any address, and we also cannot see any paypal addresses either.

This modification is written by Mokonzi at dragonbyte-tech

Please feel free to register and contact him directly, where he will confirm this is the case!

View Profile: Mokonzi

I have been part of the beta testers and it is very important that anyone that uses the classifieds is protected!

The postage is only mandatory because YOU need to setup your postage costs when you are selling your items, and once SOMEONE purchases your items you are then given the details to send your items, it is kind of the same as selling in the previous classifieds except it tells you to go into the classifieds and deal with your seller/buyer!

Thanks for asking, and your trust.

Mick

Last edited:
Irrespective of whether Admin can see them or not (I have no problem with you guys knowing where I live), how many other fora are collating member addresses when buying/selling/expressing an interest in doing so?

Not for me.

Thanks.

Irrespective of whether Admin can see them or not (I have no problem with you guys knowing where I live), how many other fora are collating member addresses when buying/selling/expressing an interest in doing so?

Not for me.

Thanks.

Thank you for your input I understand your concerns, I have no idea what other fora are doing!

And just my personal opinion we are not any other website, out of all the other similar sites we always pioneer technology.

It's also very simple, if you do not want to use it you have the ultimate right to not use the classifieds mate...

And if you bought something from our OLD classifieds would you not have to PM that person your address? would that not then be collated in the database on our server????

But I will just emphasize that all details are encrypted in our database (which is much safer than the old way), and your details are not available for any admin or moderators to view!

Thank you for reading
Mick

Last edited:
Back