Build advice New Case

Tamarc

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,looking for a new case ,gotts to be well catered for new and upcoming tech..but..and there is always a but..lol..needs to be about £100/125..max

Hope you can help....Any advice about build quality is more than welcome

Thanks for the input Turner M8,have had my eye on an Obsidian case,what makes that case any better than say the 650D..?

The last case I bought ,I thought was gonna do me for a long time,seems I was wrong,paid about £100 for it,but the more I used it ,the more I seen the flaws,dont want too go through the same again,if need be I can push price too..£140/50 at the max,would need to be super quality for me to pay that price though

not really much in it looking at specs and pics i havent used the 650 as used the 600 for most high end builds
i have done in the last year or 2 all the insides look much the same so its really down to personal choice

Went for a Corsair 400R in the end,the scot in me might just have ruined the day again though.Was hoping to get a Corsair H100i water cooler,but seems there might be install probs with that case...? Anybody tried that combo ?

This might be late as you already purchased the case unless you can return it for an exchange or a refund. Your case should be based on your whole system build and not just budget. No point in buying a case that will either be too small for your build or won't allow you room for expansion as well as going over the top with a case that you won't need to use most of the hard drive & optical drive bays, water cooling openings, cable management etc.

Decide what you will be using your setup for, plans for graphics cards, CPU and cooling, Ram make and their heat sink sizes, whether you plan to over clocking. How long roughly the setup will last you and any plans to upgrade some components in the future before replacing the system completely.

With your choice of a double sized radiator you will need a case that allows 240 / 280 mm something like Corsair Carbide 540, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair Obsidian 900D as well as Corsair Graphite 760T if I'm write.

Went for a Corsair 400R in the end,the scot in me might just have ruined the day again though.Was hoping to get a Corsair H100i water cooler,but seems there might be install probs with that case...? Anybody tried that combo ?

Decided to keep the dremil in the box ..lol . Bought an Obsidian 750D awesome case at first glance,wish I had bought it in the first place,the 400R is still a smart looking case and im planning to relocate my current system into it,almost ready to build..l
Ps Now wishing I had bought a better cpu cooler...lol

Back