• A3

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • BMW 1 Series

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

liambalfour

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi the work have started a salary sacrifice scheme, one option is leasing a new car. Ive never had a new car so going to treat myself for 2 years.

The options I fancy are £300 per month including insurance, tax, roadside assistance and servicing when due.

What would you guys go for, I'm torn between a Golf, A3 or BMW 1 series. The not all engine models are available.

1 Series Hatchback 114i ES 3Dr
A3 Hatchback 1.2 Tfsi SE 3Dr S Tronic
A3 Hatchback 1.2 Tfsi Sport 3Dr
Golf Hatchback 1.4 TSI S 3Dr

any of you guys got one or would recommend one?

Yes, I would go for the Audi too. I currently have a 1.4Tfsi and it is a great car.

Although im more of an audi person, i dont really like the A3.
The golf is actually much sleeker looking. Also depends on the trim though.

It's the Golf for me, It's a cracking car and looks great inside. :)

Volkswagen_Golf_Variant_TSI_Trendline_interior.jpg

You're really down to VW or BMW.

Since depreciation, service costs etc aren't an issue, why not test drive ?

cheers for the input. What about a1 v a3 any preference

cheers for the input. What about a1 v a3 any preference

If that's directed at me, assume you mean BMW 1, or A3.

I had a Golf for many years, didn't like it anything like as much as the BMW before that.
The fuel consumption of the golf was much better, but it wasn't as reliable as the BMW (3 series).
Realise I'm not comparing like with like, but that's with cars bought by me, to keep a long time.

Asking on here is fine, if you're concerned about long term reliability, depreciation etc as mentioned above.
If you're not, then it's down to fuel consumption and whichever suits your family needs best.
But, if you expect to drive it a lot, test drive the BMW and at least one of the others, before you decide (no one else).:)

Back