Need maps for tom tom n95

Wolf

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, im running tom tom version 6.020(8300). I'm after some new maps for it mainly for tenerife.

I'v tried a few links in the stickys but they all seem to be dead " or I've not clicked the lucky one ;-) ". So im wondering if any one has them and are willing to share ? go on be nice :p

Does any one know if there is a updated version for the n95 ? seen some mention of tomtom 7 but cannot see it for the n95, is it out there ?

Is garmin any good ? does it use the internal gps ?

sorry thats it no more questions lol

cheers and thanks for reading

Mr Black aka Wolf

you cant use tom tom 7 on the N 95 m8.

pm me your email address and i will send you the canary islands map.

So are TomTom likely to ever release more up to date maps for V6?

i've seen on a few forums that it's working on our phones, dan't take notice of you tube videos as there all fake, but on another forum they are saying things like...

v6.02 S60v3 SymbianOS9 torrent (search for this)

also another tut but don't hold me to this one as i haven't tried..

Installation Notes :
STEP-1: download -http://www.ziddu.com/download.php?uid=aq2hl5ilZbKbmZmtsayZlJyiY6%2BWlZy n3
*bt.sisx
*GPSd.jar
*tomtom.sisx
*0.Copy.To.MEMCARD.Root.rar (you have to unpack this file also..the u will have TOMTOM folder..)
*TOMTOM folder

STEP-2: before start if u have tomtom installed on your phone, uninstall it...!!!!
and delete TOMTOM folder from memory-card also (for who had errors like, "tomtom is not starting, only globe pic spinning / connecting to bluetooth device and keeps waiting...and then not connecting")

STEP-3: make a folder like TOMTOM-PATCH on your phone's memory-card, and copy these files in it..
*bt.sisx
*GPSd.jar
*tomtom.sisx

STEP-4: copy TOMTOM folder (what you had unpacked and came from 0.Copy.To.MEMCARD.Root.rar file) to root of your memory-card of ur phone..

STEP:5 now unplug ur memory-card or ur phone from computer, and open any file-browser in your phone, go to folder TOMTOM-PATCH

STEP-6: Install 1.bt.sisx, 2.GPSd.jar Install 3.tomtom.sisx

STEP-7: Run "bt" from the applications menu (once is enough, it will add a virtual bluetooth device) (this can be uninstalled later if u need) and no need to run everytime before u open tomtom!!

STEP-8: Run "GPSd" from the applications menu (open this everytime before you open tomtom)
(GPSd app will ask some connections, you have to say yes to all, otherwise it wont connect int-GPS with tomtom.. saying yes to "allow application GPSd to use network and send or recieve data.. " it will connect internet (by GPRS) to get satellite list for A-GPS (Assisted GPS) (if it needs to) this happens if u didnt use int-gps long time or for faster gps connection type..
SO....ofcourse it will cost (and there is no way to make it use W-LAN), but its a very small data.)

STEP-9: Run TomTom from the applications menu and

Configure TomTom:

1) Set preferences (such as distance/time format)
2) Choose "Other GPS Device" from the GPS setup menu
3) Allow TomTom to turn on Bluetooth
4) Choose "BiNPDA GPS" from the bluetooth device list

then wait for connection...

DONE!

* You need to change the preferences every time you start tomtom. It won't
remember that you were using the internal GPS*

* If you need to switch from internal, to an "external" receiver, you may need
to click on "tomtom receiver", and then "other receiver" to get the list of devices again.

Here are the latest links to the latest UK and IE map
-http://***************/files/51800296/UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE_1409.part1.rar -http://***************/files/51812839/UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE_1409.part2.rar -http://***************/files/51821675/UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE_1409.part3.rar

Other people have confermed this working, but I get

"certifiate error contact application author"?

Any ideas what could be wrong?

It's been a while since I installed it, but i got a certificate error message and had to roll the date on my phone back before installation would work - took it back to 2007 and all was ok. You can set the date correctly once it's installed.

when i tried installing that software it asked me if i would allow it to connect to the network. have you used it and does it incour data rate charges.

Hi, im running tom tom version 6.020(8300). I'm after some new maps for it mainly for tenerife.

I'v tried a few links in the stickys but they all seem to be dead " or I've not clicked the lucky one ;-) ". So im wondering if any one has them and are willing to share ? go on be nice :p

Does any one know if there is a updated version for the n95 ? seen some mention of tomtom 7 but cannot see it for the n95, is it out there ?

Is garmin any good ? does it use the internal gps ?

sorry thats it no more questions lol

cheers and thanks for reading

Mr Black aka Wolf

I had the same phone mate and switched from TT to Garmin so I could use the internal GPS, I wasn't disappointed pal Garmin was superb.

Let me know if you need anything.

:)

Messa

Back