DVB - PC Cards Need help; to set up DVB player + decyption

manino1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Mani here,

Just needed some help; i do have my theatre setup nicely with decryption however it closes down / crashes every few hours - thinking of buying this

The problem with the crashes is that it makes recordings impossible

Just wondering if you know of any application (free) which is

1. reliable
2. can be decrypted
3. has boss key
4. good with nvidia codec

or can u send me my theatre full version please

Thanks your help will be appreciated

:thnks:

no sorry I dont - didnt think reliablity was one of the aims of dvb-c lol

way to double post btw lol

media portal is you best bet. It's free, good with all codecs, looks much better that my theatre.

only issue as wonko pointed out is reliability. most DVB in general is hard to get stable in takes months of fannying about to get right.

I use media portal on my HTPC everyday and it is now 100% reliable. even the wife and kids can use it.

Please help me decypt signal in softcam mode

Has any body got a

- technotrend C 1500 card working
- with MS Win MCE
- or with Mediaportal
- without running through mytheatre (copy signal) - dont want to run through this as it crashes every hr and makes schedule recordings impossible.

- with decryption in softcam

-if so please help me to get it running please with simple guide/step by step please- maybe on msn if u like for quicker and easier communication/ will copy notes to this forum

-would like to decypt both MCE and mediaportal

-in ex NTL area now Virgin

-in Glasgow area

-not sure about getting mytheatre, cause of likely poor support/reliability and has less features than MCE
-MCE looks nice for me

If i also get it working will volunteer to help all people who need help with same thing in this forum/website

Last edited:
I know I'm a newby here too, but everything your asking for help with is already covered here in easy to follow steps.

I have DVB Viewer working solidly with a v*rgin connection using VPLug.

It doesn't auto update and when they change the keys 4 times in 2 days it can get a bit annoying, but it's pretty slick and useable by the wife.

I was using mediportal but the decryption can bbe tricky. I had it working but the application crashed and I've been unable to get it work since, even following the same steps and with the same set of files.

DVBViewer will wake my machine up for a scheduled recording and then put it back to sleep again, convert 2.0 stereo to either 2.1 or 5.1 and postprocess standard definiton content up to 1280x720 (and higher). It's only €15 as well, so it's got to be worth a punt.

I'm pretty sure I used a guide from this site to get it all set up.

I know I'm a newby here too, but everything your asking for help with is already covered here in easy to follow steps.

It has been covered but the steps werent easy as they did not work for me;

and they were not comprehensive, asks me to pull unidentified files from the net

somebody help me, want to get Windows Vista MCE working with softcam and also for starters getting FTA on it as it does not detect my card/turner

vista mce doent really work with softcams - it can be fudged but it doent work directly - and tbh if you havent achieved FTA then I wouldnt consider it atm

DVBViewer or DVBDream.

The rest suck balls tbh, I would recommend DVBDream if you want it for free.

Can it be done in mediaportal then; if not so with mce for softcams?

is it possible to get mediaportal decryption guide please please

might go down road of hard cam; maybe

I would like to try that one(mediaportal) first and i will consider having a go on the other 2;

"fenrir gets the wrong keys m8 - got mediaportal working happily here with correct keys in pure so nothing else is wrong (using yankse)"

cant get little icon on system tray to pop up at all for this
please help me; hows it done? Im really strugling banging head on wall strugling.

do the other 2? :

1. have nice interface ; similar to mediaportal or mce
2. easily decrypted
3. easily scanned and scan settings saved for reinstallation of windows
4. boss key; minimizes instantly
5. robust for purposes of scheduled recordings; so while im out i can schedule recordings and can be certain to watch them later in evening

Last edited:

did not work; you've misread my post mate

"cant get little icon on system tray to pop up at all for this"

any help to get icon to pop up please,

- FFDecsa.dll
- mdapifilter.ax

files are there in root of mediaportal

Fenrir.dll
- Yankse.dll
- fenrir.ini
- yankse.ini
- yankse.prv