NBC or Premier League Pass?

extraspark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,

Has anybody used either PremierLeague Pass or NBC Sports Live Extra. Just wondered on the quality of the streams. I realise both will be SD but is one better than the other? as they both claim to show all the premier league games live.
So just wanted to know about the picture quality and stream quality during the peak of the 3pm kickoffs. Does it buffer a ot on either or can there servers handle it.

PLP is very good... Not HD, but better than any streaming service I've tried before. It worked well on my 50" plasma. Far better than Sky Go and ITV Player and a decent amount better than iPlayer.

PLP is very good... Not HD, but better than any streaming service I've tried before. It worked well on my 50" plasma. Far better than Sky Go and ITV Player and a decent amount better than iPlayer.

Thanks for the info

I dont suppose you know how long PremierLeague Pass have the rights to the premier league for as NBC has it for 3 seasons?

I would guess NBC's servers are catered for more users than PLP. A consideration perhaps?

3 years... It's the same length for all the other EPL broadcasters. They do their deals on a 3 year basis.

by the way you can not sub to nbc sports extra the service is free to usa cable and sat subscribers only.
there are sites that sell other peoples log in details for nbc but the price is way over the top they started at £90 and now about £35 to £45 but you never know when the sub will stop or if the seller will be about for the season
the only genuine subs are aljazeera but would be carefull i have lost mine and more are getting geo blocked
so prem league pass seems the best option in my opinion
there is also starsports if your in india about £8 for a year but can not comment on streaming quality as would need vpn
had a free trial of prem pass was spot on aljazeera very hit and miss

by the way you can not sub to nbc sports extra the service is free to usa cable and sat subscribers only.
there are sites that sell other peoples log in details for nbc but the price is way over the top they started at £90 and now about £35 to £45 but you never know when the sub will stop or if the seller will be about for the season
the only genuine subs are aljazeera but would be carefull i have lost mine and more are getting geo blocked
so prem league pass seems the best option in my opinion
there is also starsports if your in india about £8 for a year but can not comment on streaming quality as would need vpn
had a free trial of prem pass was spot on aljazeera very hit and miss

Thanks for the info very helpful, I have not heard of Starsports. Think I will look at PremierLeague Pass then. I don't suppose you know whether I can use premierleague pass on two devices at the same time like with sky go. So I can watch one game on my pc and have another on an Ipad. As I know you can get four games up at once or something I am sure I have read somewhere.
Great info by the way.

Do they work on any stand alone device other than a computer. I have been trying to get it running on a raspberry pi with no luck. Would consider an android tv box or something similar.

Prem league pass works on android box via their app no probs

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Just tried star sports got ipad app from India store watched some replays vpn needed quality is really good like all the others

Just tried star sports got ipad app from India store watched some replays vpn needed quality is really good like all the others
The problem with replays is that it's not the same a true live streaming. They're not affected as much by "peaks and troughs" in connecting.
Star sports live streaming of the ashes Cricket was so bad that they were unwatchable. Free streams were much better. I wouldn't bother with it. PLP is far more reliable, has a 3000kbps stream of all games and doesn't need a vpn (only a dns service)

Do they work on any stand alone device other than a computer. I have been trying to get it running on a raspberry pi with no luck. Would consider an android tv box or something similar.
will not work on the pi as you need to do via webbrowser for the site then you need flashplayer to stream and rasp pi does not support
flash player and flash have dropped support now for all linux distros so will need to use chrome and there versian of flash.
you could try to install chrome browser on the pi if this is possible to do and see if that helps

thanks halfman. away for a few days will get a look when I get back.

The problem with replays is that it's not the same a true live streaming. They're not affected as much by "peaks and troughs" in connecting.
Star sports live streaming of the ashes Cricket was so bad that they were unwatchable. Free streams were much better. I wouldn't bother with it. PLP is far more reliable, has a 3000kbps stream of all games and doesn't need a vpn (only a dns service)

Ok m8 I subbed to starsports no problems at all with live streams watched the Fulham game just same as the others
Did not buffer once and I'm on a 7mb Internet

Am I missing something?

Looking at their website starsports seems to cost 500 rupees. By my calculation that's about a fiver!

Thats correct but getting it to work is another matter ive yet to find a vpn or dns service that works well enough.
Am I missing something?

Looking at their website starsports seems to cost 500 rupees. By my calculation that's about a fiver!

Back