my scrapper keeps dying:(

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
my scrapper clio (k-reg) 1.4 has just suddenly started dying on me. one second it's running ok then it just dies and all power is gone. engine stops,lights on clocks all go,radio goes off and loses it memory.

then about 10secs later turn the key again and everythings back to normal(apart from radio stations lost.....fecker lol) and starts first time.

anyone got any idea what could be causing it.?

the earth strap from gearbox to innerwing looks like it's seen better days,could this cause it?

my scrapper clio (k-reg) 1.4 has just suddenly started dying on me. one second it's running ok then it just dies and all power is gone. engine stops,lights on clocks all go,radio goes off and loses it memory.

then about 10secs later turn the key again and everythings back to normal(apart from radio stations lost.....fecker lol) and starts first time.

anyone got any idea what could be causing it.?

the earth strap from gearbox to innerwing looks like it's seen better days,could this cause it?

have a look and the earth wires that go to the alternator adjustment bolt , theres two into one , l bet there broke m8

was still in bed it's no good going to bed at 4ish in the morning when on lates lol.

i couldnt check it yesterday as it was lashing down but hopefully it's dry 2day so i can

I used to have a polo that did the same thing but all the earth straps were intact .... turned out the Electronic Ignition amp was duff......

Back