my hornet :)

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
HI all,

I got the hornet from salvage as a cat D write off !

Was not a great deal wrong with her :) Bent bars, alternator housing split, indicator lens broken, dent in tank, few scuffs here and there.

I have done everything bar the tank and scuffs so far :)

Front forks seem very soft so I am going to overhaul them :) Heres some pics :D

P7230027.jpg

P7230028.jpg

P7230024.jpg

P7230026.jpg

P7230025.jpg

P7230023.jpg

P7230022.jpg

Nice how much did you get it for?

£950 :D

No history or anything but only done 8.5k :) is in pretty good nick and loads of adjustment left on chain, and plenty on tyres :) so looks looked after

the hirnet is one hell of a stupid bike... stupid fast i mean compaired to others in the same catagory

good price btw

lol you dont say what year, there from a 2001, one is assembled and new oil the other isnt as there is a stuck shim, funnily enough i have a new one and it all together i did mean to set aside time to do it and then ebay them

ps theres nowt wrong with them i just wanted a 2nd set as was going to change springs

lol you dont say what year, there from a 2001, one is assembled and new oil the other isnt as there is a stuck shim, funnily enough i have a new one and it all together i did mean to set aside time to do it and then ebay them

ps theres nowt wrong with them i just wanted a 2nd set as was going to change springs

Mines a Y reg :) 2001 I think lol !

Dont understand what a stuck shim is mate ? is that part of the seal ?

shim or ahhh, sorrys...the oil seal

just looked at it i just no it wont be a 2 min job but you can have for £55 posted ?

Little update -

took her for a mot today, see if the forks would pass... !

And she flew through :D no problems, and was already MOT'd !!!! although pretty sure that should have been voided as was written off..... but anyway, had it done and as I say passed :)

Just ordered a set of oxford 2010 heated grips, as its getting a tad chilly in the mornings/evenings :) will be a all year biker, except snow/ice :) if its still on road

Just need to change the right hand hanger as bent, but usable... and will overhaul the forks with oil/springs :)

Back