my 125 moped wont start?? plz help

shawtee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya iv got a 125cc moped which wont start when I turn the key all the lights horn ect work fine but when I hold the brake leaver press the electric the start relay is 'clicking'

any ideas what this could be?

Thnx :)

that could be anything from starter motor stuck to seized engine, can you turn the engine over by hand.

and welcome to DW

yup sound like a flat or knackered battery

Yh I was thinkin start motor??
Iv charged battery 10hrs says it fully charged but it was run dry so refilled it n charged again. N still dsnt wrk??

Yh I was thinkin start motor??
Iv charged battery 10hrs says it fully charged but it was run dry so refilled it n charged again. N still dsnt wrk??

the battery sounds as if its goosed then. is it 12 v or 6 volt. if 12v could you try a jump start from a car battery. Lead acid batteries can show as fully charged ie voltage is there but once you load it it gives fook all out im amps. In my view the battery needs to be eliminated as a first point to fault finding. You couls put a meter across the l n terminals and see if you get rapid voltage drop when you activate the starter switch. The click you are getting is the low current relay opening but there may be not enough or no current at the otherside of the relay to the starter motor

can you bump start the bike ,do you have a kick start ,do you have a multimeter so you can check the voltage of the battery

Hiya iv got a 125cc moped which wont start when I turn the key all the lights horn ect work fine but when I hold the brake leaver press the electric the start relay is 'clicking'

any ideas what this could be?

Thnx :)

I had the same problem, the charger said the batery was fully charged but no joy in turning it over, so I put a new batery on and it fired up straight away..

Back