Mute Err

roisin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey all

I have a box here donated by a friend for my spare room, its a pace 4001 pure ntl. I used an led simm to get the codes and progged an aufun for it, turned it on and it started taking an update then booted fine and all channels came on no problem.

After about an hour they all went off except for channels 1 - 4. I went to eng menu and checked the freq and net id etc and everything was fine, so booted the box again and then same thing again, all channels came on only to come up as unsubscribed again after around thirty mins.

I tried again today and same thing again, except card status is mute err with card inserted and removed with card removed, checked snr (as per TBC's stuck in tune guides) and they look ok.

I've checked then rechecked the codes and used a diff card with same results.

Can anyone throw any light? I was gonna change the reader but new reader wont arrive for a few days so thought i'd ask for suggestions in the meantime,
had a nosey about for similar problems and think its the reader but thought its worth a try to ask.

Before you go changing the reader check the pins are sitting up inside the reader-these can drop down causing the Mute err and can be pulled back up gently with a pin. A member on here, I think it was Edcase done a great tut on doing this, have a search through his posts and you will find. I have attached a file on card removal in case you do end up doing it anyway if the pins are OK. It shows you how to remove the top reader if you have one anyway as they work on the bottom one alone. More than likely the pins though so try that first.

Thanx 4 the reply. Had a fair idea that the problem is with the reader but was just sorta looking confirmation b4 i started cuz its been a while since i replaced a reader.

I read about adjusting the pins on some threads before i put my post on but i could only find one link and it just brought me back to my user cp... so if someone could point me in the direction of a working link to edcases tut i'd appreciate it.

Found it after so many dead links. Hope it des the job for you. All thanks to Edcase if it does.

It might be worth trying a quick fix if its the reader. Just pace another card (or some cardboard) on top of the fun as you insert it to see if its just a case of the pins not getting a good contact.

Back