multiMAN hdd game compatibility list

Raven24

Banned
Reaction score
Take this with a pinch of salt as I'm basically going from memory and slightly older revisions of multiman also in some cases....general guideline of games I've tested - some info may be outdated now. Nevertheless here is what I found:

Batman Arkham Asylum - works fine both int/ext - disc is required

Demon Souls - works fine ext/int not personally tested - no disc needed.

Dead Space 2 - works from both int/ext - no disc needed.

Enslaved - works on ext/int not personally tested - disc is required.

Folklore - int only - no disc needed.

GT 5 - works fine from int/ext not personally tested - no disc needed.

Heavy Rain - works fine both int/ext - disc is required.

Little Big Planet 2 - works fine both int/ext - disc is required.

Mass Effect 2 - works fine both int/ext - disc is required.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - works fine int/big file game - no disc needed.

PES 2011 - works fine both int/ext - no disc needed.

R&C Crack In Time - works fine both int/ext - no disc needed.

Uncharted Drake's Fortune - works fine both int/ext - no disc needed.

Uncharted 2 - works fine int/big file game - no disc needed.

Obviously this is not an exhaustive list just the ones I've tried previously, thommo mentioned COD: Black Ops in another thread for example which I have chosen not to list here because it's listed there and it's thommo's personal testing not mine....there's other games that I have had on external at least previously also like Fifa 11 and GTA IV but honestly cannot remember off top of my head if discs were required or not as I wasn't testing simply playing. I will check and update though as PS3 is tied up at the moment. Anyways guideline for folks there just to hopefully get the ball rolling. Remember some info may or may not be outdated, I will be editing this post with more additions or revisions where and if needed, so take it on board as is if you wish, take it away if you will.... :)

Last edited:
glad someone listened when i mentioned this game thingy needed its own thread, its now you job that when others add games you have to update your post with them lol.

so add black ops disc in and no disc, on external, works on internal aswell but i never tried that discless but i presume if it works external no disc then internal will be the same.

i did mention uncharted 2 aswell but thats in your ist anyway.

Last edited:
For me, heavy rain didn't work from external straightaway

I had to copy it to the internal drive first. Once it had installed the game data, I could remove it from internal and play it from external

Apache assault is working:Clap:
sega mega collection is working:Clap:
full auto 2 is working:Clap:

select and x and just booted with disc

Last edited:
Anyone else having this prob with GTA4?

If you update to 1.06 the game does not work at all, just keeps going through pictures of bits in GTA4. If you dont update, works fine but without multiplayer. Any fix or just as it is?

I copied Apache Air assult but couldnt get it working INT or EXT just got black screen.

The saboteur works but need to install to Internal, install game data then you can transfer to External

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe works EXT

COD Black OPs works INT/EXT

All Fifas work, havent tried Fifa 11 tho

I copied Apache Air assult but couldnt get it working INT or EXT just got black screen.

press select and x when going on game then select yes then boot from disk use new multiman

01.15.00 -

* Added: Support for "Black Screen Games" from external USB HDD (thanks to anonymous#3 for the idea)
* Added: Launch "Black Screen Games" with [SELECT]+[X] key combination
* Added: Control console with peek/poke/peekl support via telnet to port 8080
* Added: LV2 GameOS memory [HEX view] and [Save to file] in FILE MANAGER
* Fixed: Blu-ray to AVCHD conversion
* Fixed: Memory allocation for RemotePlay
* Changed: [Last game] application (separate download)

Last edited:
think we are missing the point of this thread, ive not had any game fail on me using disk in drive.

the games need to be in the format of the first post.

the game internal/external disc in yes disc in no

doesnt matter to me one bit as i'll boot all mine with a disc in but it helps people who want to boot without a disc by choice and those who have duff bd drive decide what they can/cant play.

F1 2010 works fine internal/big file game no disk needed

Apache Air Assault - not working int or ext, with or without disc
Colin Mcrae Dirt - not working int or ext, with or without disc
Colin Mcrae Dirt 2 - works fine int and ext with disc
Blur - works fine int and ext with disc
Grand Theft Auto, episodes from liberty city - works fine int and ext with disc
Assasin's Creed Brotherhood - works fine int and ext with disc
EA Active Sports 2 - works fine int and ext with disc

I am using the latest multiman 1.15 and still can't get Apache Air Assault to work, I just get a black screen, tried the select + x method but still the same :-( I get the same result with Colin Mcrae's dirt but with this game, when i get a black screen, I gotta shut down the whole ps3 to get back in to the main menu, whereas with Apache, when i get the black screen, I can press the ps button and quit game!

Could it be that I just gotta dodgey backup of these 2 games?? Anyone got any suggestions on how I may be able to get them to work??

Guna test little big planet, motorstorm, prototype, ridge racer 7, sega rally, time crisis, wet and tiger woods tour 11 today and will report back.

maybe we should add the method of getting the game ;) ... some of the rips are shite (from what ive seen and heard) so it could be the game and we would be telling others they cant play a certain game based on that.

not one of my legit backups from disk bar mw2 have failed to work for me.

i think uploaded via disk might be a good addition to the list, if it doesnt say that then make of it what you will ;) .

Well I had planned on editing my initial post with updated information but tbh over 400 views, over 10 replies, no rep and only the 1 thanker (cheers btw least someone appreciates it) is a bit of a mickey take if I'm being honest....not that I did it for that but it's nice to know if your effort or contribution's been appreciated. Since it hasn't then I'd have a good mind to erase it if I could but since I can't edit it now it also has the reverse effect of I also can't amend it with updated info either without creating a new post. But at this point I'm like why bother if people are just going come here get what they want and leech. Would it have killed any one of you that got some info from my contribution that didn't bother pinging the thanks button - to do so ? Still, it doesn't matter now. Leech away people....

Last edited:
little big planet - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
motorstorm - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
prototype - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
sega rally - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
time crisis - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
tiger woods tour 11 - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
Virtua Tennis - - works fine int with disc, had to do the select + x - NZB

I've now also found that some games need to be loaded differently on different ps3's or it may even be down to the HD being used!
All the games I have mentioned and tested I started off using a usb powered 500gb HD alongside a 320gb ps3 slim.
Today I am testing the same games on a 80GB FAT ps3 using a 1TB mains powered HD, assasins creed has failed to load so far, I haven't transferred it to the internal HD yet and tested though! colin mcrae's dirt 2 kept on spitting out an error reading disc message until I tried the select x method and then it worked fine, F1 2010 and heavy rain wouldn't get past the loading screen until I once again tried the select x method and all was well, still testing others and will let u'all know the outcome.

**Update**
Assassin's creed just keeps on returning to the xmb menu when trying to launch on this 80gb fat ps3, int or ext.

Last edited:
Battlefield Bad Company - works fine int and ext with disc - Uploaded via disk
Black Ops - works fine int and ext with disc - Uploaded via disk
NFS Hot Pursuit - works fine int and ext with disc - Uploaded via disk
Batman Arkham Asylum - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB

Quick update

Virtua tennis - ONLY works on an EXTERNAL using the select x method - NZB
Apache Assault - ONLY works on an EXTERNAL using the select x method - NZB

Fallout: new Vegas - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
Fifa 11 - works fine int and ext with disc - Torrent
Heavy Rain - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
LittleBigPlanet - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
Smackdown Vs Raw 2011- works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
Wet - an error occurred during the start operation 80010017, tried various methods and got the same result, anyone got any idea's on how I may be able to get this game to work??

Fallout: new Vegas - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
Fifa 11 - works fine int and ext with disc - Torrent
Heavy Rain - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
LittleBigPlanet - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
Smackdown Vs Raw 2011- works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
Wet - an error occurred during the start operation 80010017, tried various methods and got the same result, anyone got any idea's on how I may be able to get this game to work??

It's an awful game anyway lol ;)

Seriously though I've no idea on that one....it's funny you mention it though because I get the same thing in trying to run blackb0x ftp 1.2 on someone else's PS3 which I couldn't work out why it works on mine and not his.

TBH i've only tried it on the 80GB PHAT console, guna try it on the 320 slim tomorrow, when I googled the error code I found that sony had replaced many consoles because of this error, summit to do with Blu-ray player playback, not that fussed anyway, aint my ps3 ;-)

Need for speed hot pursuit - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB
Ninja Gaiden - works fine int and ext with disc - NZB

It's an awful game anyway lol ;)

Seriously though I've no idea on that one....it's funny you mention it though because I get the same thing in trying to run blackb0x ftp 1.2 on someone else's PS3 which I couldn't work out why it works on mine and not his.

Back