mozilla Firefox Browser

damage

Inactive User
Reaction score
this is said to be the bollocks not tried it yet but may be a good time to try a new Browser thats not getting hijacked all the time

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/0.8/FirefoxSetup-0.8.exe

Firefox is an award winning preview of next generation browsing technology from mozilla.org.

Firefox empowers you to accomplish your online activities faster, more safely and efficiently than any other browser, period. Built with Tab browsing, popup blocking and a number of other seamless innovations, Firefox stands out ahead

around 6.5 meg freeware

just checked this out and must admit it is fast, very fast in fact
better than opera and thats better than i.e.

definately worth checking out m8
mind u as i write this half the smilie list is missing
but thats no big deal .

thanks for the tip damage :)

i use mozilla 1.6 and its great it stops all pop ups and is very fast

bigbaz0001

Just tried it and i love it cant beleive how much faster it is i can now have the gelth blue theme without slowing it down. Are there any down sides to using it.

im waiting for version 1.0 as there will be loads of fixes in it

mickbrush said:
Just tried it and i love it cant beleive how much faster it is i can now have the gelth blue theme without slowing it down. Are there any down sides to using it.

The downside to it is the plug-ins you have to get.
It will notify you when your on the webpage that you need a plug-in to view this.

Jim :)

Garngadblue said:
The downside to it is the plug-ins you have to get.
Are they free and easy to find m8 ?

They actually provide a link to download them.
So it is easy as far as I know.

cheers m8 I'm tempted to give it a go

Bronto honestly mate it's worth a go. You don't have to make it your default browser. Just put a shortcut to it on your desktop once it's installed and run it.
You don't get any annoying pop-ups, the oly thing is the plug-ins but once you've got them everything is ok.
Also it's a lot quicker than IE6.
It imports al your bookmarks from your IE too.

cheers Jim I'm getting it now, will let you know how it goes m8 :)

What do you think to it then bronto is it faster for you too or was i just lucky.

Yes mickbrush it's certainly quicker, much quicker m8 :) I've been useing it all morning, just taking a bit of getting used to the differences even though they are only slight, I suppose it's what your used to :) I did what you suggested Jim and didn't make it my default browser, but I can see me changing completly very soon, I'd recomend everyone to try it, thanks guys :)

Back