moving files from one pc to another

harveybham

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi my external hard drive gone on the blink and getting new pc this thursday. I got about 12gb that i need to move across how can i do this. I have a router and two eternet cables. i have no cross over cable so i guess it can work this way.

Can i use fxp to do this? if so how do i set it up to do this? or is their another program which i can use? cheers

Just set up a shared folder on the new PC and copy everything across the network. 12gb shouldn't take too long.

Just set up a shared folder on the new PC and copy everything across the network. 12gb shouldn't take too long.

Depends on connection. But quicker way would be when you get the new pc, just plug the HD from the old computer into the new pc and copy everything over. then give the old HD a good format and clean with a good program, such as recover bad sectors and stuff and use that as an extra HD.
BUT...if warrenty is an issue, then 3 DVD might be ur quickest and easiest option.

if you have a few days to spare dump the files on megaupload are just back them up on dvd 12gb isnt a lot to store its only like 3 dvds winrar them and you might get them on 2 disks nero backup is a handy

Back